Foreign System Schools and Privately-Funded Schools

Back to top

You will need to apply for a Student’s Pass if you are a foreigner who has been offered a placement to pursue full-time studies at a Foreign System School (FSS) or Privately-Funded Schools in Singapore.

You do not need to apply for a Student’s Pass if you hold a valid Dependant’s Pass, Long-Term Visit Pass or Immigration Exemption Order.

All FSSs registered with the Committee for Private Education (CPE) must have an EduTrust certification before they can offer placements to foreign students. Your Student’s Pass application will only be considered if the FSS you have enrolled in is EduTrust-certified.

For more information on Private Education-related matters, please visit the CPE website.

Apply Online Documents Required
tooltip button

You will need to provide original documents and official translations (for documents in languages other than English), as well as copies of the documents for ICA to retain.

ICA accepts:

  • Translations provided by the embassy of the country that issued the document
  • Translations produced by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document
  • Privately created translations attested by the embassy of the country that issued the document, or notarised by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document.

ICA does not endorse any private translation companies or entities. Insufficient documentation may result in non-acceptance of your application. You may be required to provide additional documents to support your application.

You will need the following documents/ information to complete your Student's Pass application, please have them ready before you apply:

  • The Registration Acknowledgement Letter from the school you plan to attend
  • Your travel document biodata page and birth certificate (if applicable)
  • Your personal information, including the list of countries / places you have previously resided in, your educational background, employment history and financial support
  • Your parents’, spouse's, and/or siblings’ personal information (if applicable)
  • Your residential address and contact details in Singapore
  • Your email address
  • Your recent, passport-sized, digital, colour photograph taken within the last three months. Please refer to the photo guidelines for more information.
  • Foreign-born applicants aged 12 years 0 day or below, are required to submit their vaccination information to Health Promotion Board (HPB) with effect from 1 February 2019. For details, please visit the HPB website.

You must submit your new/renewal Student’s Pass application online using the e-Service at least four weeks before your course begins.

You do not need to be in Singapore while your application is being processed. As such, we recommend you apply for a Student’s Pass before arriving in Singapore as you cannot extend your stay while processing is underway. If your application is approved, you can then enter Singapore to complete the formalities required to issue your Student’s Pass.


A non-refundable S$45 processing fee is payable.

Payment can be made using:

  • Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card or,
  • American Express (AMEX) credit card or,
  • Internet Direct Debit (DBS/POSB, OCBC, UOB and Standard Chartered Bank Internet Banking accounts in Singapore) or,
  • PayNow.
Processing Time

The processing time for application is within one week (excluding the date of submission), (or within two weeks if Visa is required). Some applications may take longer time to process. You may enquire about the application status using the e-Service.