Related eServices: Application for Long-Term Visit Pass (e-VP)
Who can Apply?
Mother/Grandmother whose child/grandchild is studying in Singapore on a Student's Pass. Only ONE applicant (that is, either the mother or grandmother) can be granted permission to stay in Singapore with the Student's Pass holder.
Getting Ready to Apply
- Applicant's current Visit Pass must still be valid for at least 10 days before an application can be submitted.
- The following documents may be required to complete the application and you can prepare them in advance:
- Applicant's passport's biodata page
- Applicant's Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card
- Applicant's marriage certificate
- Applicant's divorce certificate and custody papers, if applicable
- Local Sponsor's# Identity Card
- The child's birth certificate, passport, Student's Pass card and D/E card if Applicant is the mother
- The birth certificates of the grandchild and the grandchild's parents, the grandchild's Student's Pass card and D/E card if the Applicant is the grandmother
- One recent digital passport-sized colour photograph
#A Local Sponsor is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) who is above
Submitting the Application Online
21 years old.
After Submission of Application (What to Expect)
- All applications must be submitted by the Local Sponsor via our e-Service, e-VP. The Local Sponsor will need to log in with his/her Singpass to submit the application via the e-service.
- A processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission of the application. The fee is non-refundable.
- The processing time is up to 6 weeks. We seek your understanding that if your application is still within this processing time, please wait for the application outcome which will be conveyed to you through the respective eService channel or email and refrain from making status enquiries with ICA.
- Applicant and Local Sponsor can check the outcome of the application via:
- Email if they had provided their email during online application, or
- e-VP's Status Enquiry or iEnquiry if no email was provided.
Upon Approval of Application
- Original or photocopy of documents may be requested for processing of the application. The Local Sponsor will be informed of the required documents.
- Applicant and Local Sponsor may be called up for an interview. If an interview is necessary, the Local Sponsor will be informed.
- The Local Sponsor will need to make payment via e-VP for the issuance of Multiple Journey Visa ($30), if visa is required, and Long-Term Visit Pass ($60). The payment must be made with 30 days from the date of IPA letter. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application. If the Applicant or Local Sponsor has requested for an extension of short-term stay and the request is approved, an additional fee of $40 will be required^.
^The fee of $40 is applicable if the Visit Pass has been continuously renewed for a period of 3 months or more from the date of applicant's entry.
- The Applicant and/or Local Sponsor will need to retrieve the In-Principal Approval (IPA) letter, that is valid for two (2) months from the date of letter, via e-VP Status Enquiry (Note: The IPA letter does not equate to the issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass).
- A medical check-up (for applicants aged 15 years old and above) may be required. The Applicant will be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up in the IPA letter.
- Documents that were used to support the application must be presented in original to the ICA officer for verification at the time of completion of formalities for the issuance of a Long-Term Visit Pass. The list of required original/photocopy of documents will be indicated in the IPA letter.
- A security deposit may be required from the Local Sponsor. If a security deposit is required, the Local Sponsor will be advised vide the IPA letter on the security deposit amount and mode payment.
- The Applicant and Local Sponsor must be physically present to collect the LTVP card. The collection of the LTVP card is strictly by appointment only. Please click here to select the preferred date and time.
- The Applicant has to acknowledge and submit a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for LTVP Card before the collection of the LTVP card. Please click here for the copy of the form.
Important Points to Note
- Applicant must have a valid Visit Pass at all times during his/her stay in Singapore.
- Applicant must have a passport issued only to the Applicant.
- For documents that are not in the English language, ICA accepts translation done by the Embassy of the document-issuing country or a local Notary Public. A privately translated copy attested by the Embassy of the document-issuing country or notarised by a local Notary Public is also acceptable. ICA does not endorse any private translation companies or entities.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you better, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.