Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents who reach the age of 15 must register for their Identity Cards (IC) before their 16th birthday.
For 15- year-old students studying in Government/Government Aided Schools, their IC registration will be conducted in schools.
Parents of registrants will receive notification letters and application forms from ICA 2 weeks before the scheduled date of registration to be held in the respective schools. The date, time, venue and documents required for the IC registration will be indicated in the notification letters.
For 15-year-olds who are not studying in the Government/Government Aided Schools, and those who had missed the registration in school, the following documents are required:
Additional Documents Required for Permanent Residents:
- Foreign/Singapore Birth Certificate
- Citizenship Certificate, if any
- Student Identification Pass, if any
- Photocopy of both parents' ICs
- 1 recent passport sized colour photograph which meets the following requirements:
- The photograph image must be taken within the last 3 months
- The photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- The photograph image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)
- The photograph cannot be taken in uniform
- Baptism/Religious certificate for insertion of religious name, if applicable
- Deed poll for change of name, if applicable (Note: Parents must execute the deed poll if the registrant is below 21 years of age)
- Entry & Re-Entry Permits
- Expired & valid passports
- Certificate of Identity, if any
- Malaysian IC, if applicable
- The parents of the registrant may update the registrant's particulars (if needed) on the pre-printed forms they receive. The forms, along with a notification letter, is typically sent two weeks before the registrant’s fifteenth birthday informing them of the registration exercise.
- Submit the updated application forms together with a recent photograph and the registration fee to IC Unit, Citizen Services Centre:
Citizen Services Centre
3rd Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
Saturday : 8.00 a.m. to 12.30 noon
- The registrant is required to come in person, but his/her parents are not required to be present on the day of registration.
Singapore Citizens: S$10
Singapore Permanent Residents: S$50
For registration in schools, payment can be made by EZlink card. For registration at ICA, payment can be made by NETS/NETS Flashpay/CashCard.
For Registrants in Government/Government Aided Schools:
For Non-schooling Registrants/Registrants in Private Educational Institutions:
- Collect the IC from the registrant’s school on the following month after registration of IC at school
• Collect the IC (in person or by proxy) at ICA or collect the IC in person at one of the designated post offices (for eligible registrants).
• Applicants are strongly encouraged to make an appointment for the collection of ICs via the e-Appointment system*. Please note that e-appointments have to be made at least 2 working days before the preferred date and time of collection
• Eligible registrants who have successfully registered for their ICs will have the option of collecting their ICs from selected Singapore Post Limited (SingPost) outlets, and at the self-service iCollect machine located at the e-lobby at ICA Building.
• Eligible IC registrants will be able to view * a list of designated post offices which offer the IC collection service, as well as the option of self-service collection from iCollect from the e-Appointment system.
• Registrants who do not have good quality fingerprints due to excessively wet/dry thumbs and fingers will not be able to collect their ICs at the post offices or via iCollect .
For applicants who choose to collect at iCollect, no additional fee will be imposed.
* The e-Appointment system is an online service that allows registrants to make appointment for collection of their IC. Waiting time has been shortened to an average of 15 minutes for those collecting their ICs during the allocated period.
Peak Periods to Avoid
- Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, school holidays, eve and the day after public/school holidays
- After 2.30 pm on weekdays
- After 11.00 am on Saturdays and school holidays
There is generally a larger crowd in March, end May, June, end November and December