Check if You Need an Entry Visa

Back to top

If you hold a travel document issued by one of the countries or places listed below, you will require a valid Singapore entry visa to travel to, and seek entry, into Singapore.

Possession of a valid visa does not guarantee entry into Singapore. Please refer to entry requirements for more information.

Please note the following:

To extend the duration of stay, the applicant will have to apply for a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) extension. For more information, please refer to Seeking Extension of Visit Pass.

Apply Online Visa Requirements

A Singapore entry visa is not an immigration pass. It is a pre-entry permission for the holder of a valid visa to travel to, and seek entry, into Singapore.

The grant of an immigration pass will be determined by the ICA officers at the point of entry. The period of stay granted is not tied to the validity of your visa.

ICA does not accept submission of visa application over the immigration counters.

If you do not have a Local Contact with a Singpass/Corppass account, you may submit the visa application:

Please liaise directly with the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission for detailed visa application procedure if the application is to be submitted through their authorised visa agents or at the Singapore Overseas Mission.

From 11 March 2022, all foreign visitors arriving in Singapore will be notified digitally of their Visit Pass (e-Pass) through email. There will not be any endorsement on your passport. The e-Pass notification will indicate the period of stay granted and last day of stay allowed. Please ensure that you provide a valid email address when submitting the SG Arrival Card.

Travel Documents by Countries and Places

If your travel document is issued by one of the countries/ places listed below, you will require a valid visa to enter Singapore. Click on individual countries/ places to find out more.

You will also need a visa if you are travelling on:

You may contact us via the enquiry form with a copy of your travel document biodata page and front cover for further assistance and verification. 

Visa Free Transit Facilities

Nationals of the Commonwealth of Independent States, Georgia, India, Turkmenistan and Ukraine; as well as Nationals of the People‚Äôs Republic of China (PRC) holding other travel documents issued by the PRC* (excluding ordinary, diplomatic, public affairs and service passports) may be eligible for the Visa-Free Transit Facility (VFTF). Please refer to Visa-Free Transit Facility for more information.

*These include the PRC Travel Document, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) Document of Identity (DOI) and Macau SAR Travel Permit.