Damage of Passport

Back to top

If your passport is damaged, you should report it immediately. Refer to 'Procedure' section below for more details.

Passports cannot be used once the damage has been reported.

What is Considered as a Damaged Passport

A damaged passport is one which is not in a condition to be accepted as proof of identity by the foreign country and you should consider replacing your passport if:

  • It is torn in any way
  • There are missing or detached pages
  • The binding has come loose or is frayed
  • Water damage has resulted in faded pages
  • The RFID chip is clearly damaged
  • The biodata page is cracked or detached

Documents Required
tooltip button

You will need the following information to report the damaged passport:


  • Singpass login
  • Photos of the damaged passport

Over the counter at ICA Building

  • Your digital / physical IC (for adults) or birth certificate (for applicants aged below 16*)
  • Damaged passport

*The applicant’s parent is required to report in person, together with the applicant.

Report Online Procedure

Reporting Damaged Passport Online

  • Click on the above “Report Online” button to report your damaged passport.
  • You can only report the damaged passport online for yourself or for your child (aged below 16).
    • You will need to make a separate report if your child’s passport is also damaged.
  • If you require a new passport, please submit a passport application one working day after you have made a report of the damaged passport.

Reporting Damaged Passport at ICA Building

Come in person with the relevant documents to:

Passport Unit
Citizen Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 2 (next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718

Operating hours are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm on Mondays to Fridays, and 8.00 am to 12.30 pm on Saturdays.

Longer-than-average waiting times are to be expected on the following peak times:

  • Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays
  • School holidays
  • The day before or after a public holiday

Reporting Damaged Passport Overseas

You may make an online report of the damaged passport by clicking on the above "Report Online" button or approach the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission with the relevant documents.


You will need to pay the following non-refundable fees in addition to the prevailing passport fee of S$70 (for applications submitted online, by post, or deposit box) or S$80 (for applications submitted over the counter at ICA Building or at the Singapore Overseas Mission):

  • S$50 (for the first damage to passport)
  • S$100 (for subsequent damages)