Back to top


If you are entering or leaving Singapore with Physical Currency or Bearer Negotiable Instruments (CBNI)* with a total value exceeding S$20,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), you must fill in the Physical Currency and Bearer Negotiable Instruments Report (Traveller), or NP727, form. The forms are available at all checkpoints and police establishment or can be downloaded from the Singapore Police Force website. Submit your completed form at the Customs Red Channel on arrival in Singapore, and at the immigration counters on departure from Singapore.

For more information, please visit the Commercial Affairs Department (CAD) website.

* ‘Physical currency’ refers to coins and printed money. Examples of bearer negotiable instruments include a bill of exchange, cheque, promissory note, bearer bond, money order and postal order.

Prohibited and Controlled Goods

Prohibited items are not allowed to be imported into Singapore. These include:

  • Chewing gum (except dental and medicated gum)
  • Chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products (for example, electronic cigarettes)
  • Cigarette lighters in the shape of a pistol or revolver
  • Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
  • Firecrackers
  • Obscene articles, publications, videotapes, videodiscs and software
  • Reproductions of copyright publications, videotapes, videodiscs and laser discs, records and cassettes
  • Seditious and treasonable materials.

Controlled goods are items that require an import permit or authorisation from the relevant controlling authority for importation into Singapore.

For more information on items such as food and personal medication, please visit our web page on Prohibited Goods and Controlled Goods for the relevant controlling authority.

Transfer of Remains for Cremation or Burial to Singapore

If death had occurred overseas, it should be registered with the relevant foreign authorities where the death occurred.

 You will require a permit from the National Environment Agency is required to transfer human  remains from overseas to Singapore for cremation or burial.

For Singapore citizens and Singapore permanent residents, the deceased’s next of kin will then need to report the death to the Registry of Births & Deaths in Singapore. A proxy can also do this if they have a letter of authorisation from the deceased’s family. For more information, please click here.