From 1 October 2020, all change of residential address shall be reported via the e-Service in the following
- Login to the e-Service with your Singpass and select your preferred language. You can apply for others
(e.g. your family members) in the same application, if they are residing with you at your new address. Ensure that the information you have provided in the application is correct before submitting it.
- You will receive ICA’s mail, containing a 6-digit PIN, at your new residential address. For local addresses, you should receive ICA’s mail within one week. For overseas addresses, international delivery time is dependent on the
postal service of the country.
- Continue with your application at the e-Service. On the page showing your application status, click on
“Verify PIN” and key in the 6-digit PIN.
- Once the PIN is verified, your new address will be updated in ICA’s records immediately. Participating government agencies and statutory boards will be informed of your new address through the One-Stop Change of Address Reporting Service (OSCARS)
within 1 working day.
- You will receive a sticker bearing your new address by mail. Follow the instructions in the mail to affix the sticker on your IC.
- Please refer to the following instructional videos on the guide to update your address and affixing the address sticker on your Identity Card.
Update Address in Three Easy Steps
Affix the Address Sticker on your Identity Card
You can select the video guide in different languages (English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil) by clicking on the playlist menu located at the top of the video screen.
At any stage of the application, you can check the status by logging into the same e-Service.
Change of Residential Address with Application for Identity Card
If you have submitted an application for a replacement IC, or re-registration for a new IC, and indicated a new address in the application, you will also receive ICA’s mail containing the 6-digit PIN. Your IC application will only
be processed after the PIN is verified on the e-Service. You will receive a new NRIC bearing the new address instead of a sticker bearing the new address.
Request for Replacement Address Sticker
You may request for a replacement address sticker via the e-Service:
- If you did not receive the address sticker after successfully changing your residential address;
- If your current address sticker is damaged, misplaced, or has faded over time.
Registration of Local Contact Address
Singapore citizens who have changed to an overseas residential address on their IC need to register a Local Contact Address (LCA), in order to have your name entered or retained in the Registers of Electors, maintained by the Elections
Department (ELD) of Singapore. Visit the ELD website to register your LCA online using your Singpass.