Back to top

Under the National Registration Act, you must report a change of address within 28 days of moving. Participating government agencies and statutory boards will then be informed of your new address through the One-Stop Change of Address Reporting Service (OSCARS). For more details, please click here.

Documents Required
tooltip button

You will need to provide original documents and official translations (for documents in languages other than English), as well as copies of the documents for ICA to retain.

ICA accepts:

  • Translations provided by the embassy of the country that issued the document
  • Translations produced by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document
  • Privately created translations attested by the embassy of the country that issued the document, or notarised by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document.
  • ICA does not endorse any private translation companies or entities. Insufficient documentation may result in non-acceptance of your application. You may be required to provide additional documents to support your application.

    To register a change of address, you will need to produce your current Identity Card (IC) and documentary evidence showing your new address. The types of acceptable documentary evidence are listed below. Electronic forms of the documents are acceptable.

    Acceptable documents of correspondence
    Date of issue of document
    Bill, statement or letter from HDB
    Within the last three months
    Cable TV bill
    Credit card or bank statement
    Insurance bill, statement or letter
    Service and conservancy bill from town council
    Telecommunications or internet bill
    Tenancy agreement for residence
    Utilities bill from participating retailers listed on
    Bill or letter from LTA (e.g. road tax)
    Within the last 12 months
    Bill, statement or letter from IRAS (e.g. income tax or property tax)
    Statement or letter from CPF

    This security measure prevents errant IC holders from falsely reporting a change of address, which helps protect genuine residents.

    If you do not have the required documentary evidence 

    You will need to apply for a pre-notification letter online using the e-Service. ICA will mail a letter to your new address within seven working days, which can be used as documentary evidence of your new address.


    Reporting a change of address when residing in Singapore

    When you have the documentary evidence, or received the pre-notification letter, you will need to visit a neighbourhood police post or neighbourhood police centre for the address change. Alternatively, you may make your way to:

    Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
    IC Unit
    Citizen Services Centre
    ICA Building
    10 Kallang Road, Level 3 (next to Lavender MRT station)
    Singapore 208718

    Operating hours are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm on Mondays to Fridays, and 8.00 am to 12.30 pm on Saturdays.

    Longer-than-average waiting times are to be expected on the following peak times:

    • Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays
    • The day before or after a public holiday.

    Reporting a change of address when residing overseas

    To report your overseas address, you may

    Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
    IC Unit
    Citizen Services Centre
    ICA Building
    10 Kallang Road, Level 3
    Singapore 208718

    • Fax ICA at (+65) 6293 6991

    Upon receipt of your notification, ICA will update your address and an address sticker will be sent for pasting on your IC.

    After which, Singapore Citizens will need to register your Local Contact Address (LCA) for voting purposes at the Elections Department website. This contact address must be either:

    • The address of any premises in Singapore which you still own an estate or interest in, and which is used or permitted under written law to be used as residence or,
    • The address of the place of residence in Singapore of:

    - Your spouse, grandparent, parent, sibling, child or grandchild

    - Any grandparent, parent or sibling of your spouse

    - Any sibling of any of your parents or your spouse's parent

    - Any child of any of your siblings or your spouse's siblings.

    If you are registering the residential address of any of your family members/relatives listed above as your LCA, please inform the family member/relative that he/she will receive a letter from ICA seeking the confirmation of the relationship and the consent for the use of their address. He/She is advised to reply to ICA in writing within seven days of receipt of the letter. The registration of your LCA will only be accepted when your family member's/relative's confirmation has been received by ICA.

    For more information on overseas voting and registration criteria, please click here


    There is no fee to register a change of address.

    Processing Time

    Your application will be processed on the spot if you have the required documentary evidence.

    Important notes

    Even if you have updated your new address, you will still need to separately notify private institutions and non-participating public agencies. Please click here for the list of participating public agencies.