From 1 October 2020, all change of residential address shall be reported via the e-Service in the following steps.
- Apply for the change of residential address here. Login with your SingPass and select your preferred language. You can apply for others (e.g. your family members) in the same application, if they are residing with you at your new address. Ensure that the information you have provided in the application is correct before submitting it.
- You will receive ICA’s mail, containing a 6-digit PIN, at your new residential address. For local addresses, you should receive ICA’s mail within 3-5 working days. For overseas addresses, international delivery time is dependent on the postal service of the country.
- Continue with your application at the e-Service. On the page showing your application status, click on “Verify PIN” and key in the 6-digit PIN.
- Once the PIN is verified, your new address will be updated in ICA’s records immediately. Participating government agencies and statutory boards will be informed of your new address through the One-Stop Change of Address Reporting Service (OSCARS) within 1 working day. Click here to view the list of participating OSCARS agencies.
- You will receive a sticker bearing your new address by mail. Follow the instructions in the mail to affix the sticker on your Identity Card (IC). Please refer below for the step-by-step instructional videos on affixing the sticker.
You can select the video guide in different languages (English, Chinese, Malay and Tamil) by clicking on the playlist menu located at the top of the video screen.
At any stage of the application, you can check the status by logging into the same e-Service.
Change of Residential Address with Application for Identity Card
If you have submitted an application for a replacement Identity Card (IC), or re-registration for a new IC, and indicated a new address in the application, you will also receive ICA’s mail containing the 6-digit PIN. Your IC application will only be processed after the PIN is verified on the e-Service. You will receive a new NRIC bearing the new address instead of a sticker bearing the new address.
Request for Replacement Address Sticker
You may request for a replacement address sticker via the e-Service:
- If you did not receive the address sticker after successfully changing your residential address;
- If your current address sticker is damaged, misplaced, or has faded over time.
Registration of Local Contact Address
Singapore citizens who have changed to an overseas residential address on their Identity Card (IC) need to register a Local Contact Address (LCA), in order to have your name entered or retained in the Registers of Electors, maintained by the Elections Department of Singapore. To register your LCA online using your SingPass, click here.