Back to top

Under the National Registration Act, you must report a change of address within 28 days of moving. Participating government agencies and statutory boards will then be informed of your new address through the One-Stop Change of Address Reporting Service (OSCARS). For more details, please click here.


Reporting a change of address when residing overseas

To report your overseas address, you may

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
IC Unit
Citizen Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 3
Singapore 208718

  • Fax ICA at (+65) 6293 6991

Upon receipt of your notification, ICA will update your address and an address sticker will be sent for pasting on your IC.

After which, Singapore Citizens will need to register your Local Contact Address (LCA) for voting purposes at the Elections Department website. This contact address must be either:

  • The address of any premises in Singapore which you still own an estate or interest in, and which is used or permitted under written law to be used as residence or,
  • The address of the place of residence in Singapore of:

- Your spouse, grandparent, parent, sibling, child or grandchild

- Any grandparent, parent or sibling of your spouse

- Any sibling of any of your parents or your spouse's parent

- Any child of any of your siblings or your spouse's siblings.

If you are registering the residential address of any of your family members/relatives listed above as your LCA, please inform the family member/relative that he/she will receive a letter from ICA seeking the confirmation of the relationship and the consent for the use of their address. He/She is advised to reply to ICA in writing within seven days of receipt of the letter. The registration of your LCA will only be accepted when your family member's/relative's confirmation has been received by ICA.

For more information on overseas voting and registration criteria, please click here


There is no fee to register a change of address.

Important notes

Even if you have updated your new address, you will still need to separately notify private institutions and non-participating public agencies. Please click here for the list of participating public agencies.