Change of Particulars for Student's Pass Holder

Back to top

You are required to notify ICA if there is any change in your passport particulars within 14 days of the change.

For updates to the student’s personal particulars such as name and/or photo, the student is required to apply for a replacement of Student’s Pass (STP). The name should be in accordance to the passport biodata page.

Documents Required
tooltip button

You will need to provide original documents and official translations (for documents in languages other than English), as well as copies of the documents for ICA to retain.

ICA accepts:

  • Translations provided by the embassy of the country that issued the document
  • Translations produced by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document
  • Privately created translations attested by the embassy of the country that issued the document, or notarised by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document.

ICA does not endorse any private translation companies or entities. Insufficient documentation may result in non-acceptance of your application. You may be required to provide additional documents to support your application.

To change particulars on your Student's Pass, you will need:

  • Old passport and new passport;
  • a recent photograph;
  • a deed poll or a documentary proof of change of name (original copy and photocopy) [if applicable]
  • local medical certification (MER) to update sex registered with ICA [if applicable]


A S$60 replacement fee is applicable for the change of particulars and/or photo for your Student’s Pass.


You can apply for a replacement Student's Pass in person at:

Visitor Services Centre
ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 4 
Singapore 208718
(next to Lavender MRT station)

This service is available from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm on Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays).

Digital Student’s Pass (STP)

From 27 February 2023, ICA will issue the STP in digital form only. If you are changing the particulars on your physical STP card, the replacement STP will be in digital form only. You will receive an email on how to retrieve your digital STP, after you complete the replacement procedure at ICA Building.

Additional Information

For further enquiries, you may email to - for pass holders from:

  • Institutes of Higher Learning (IHL)
  • Foreign System Schools (FSS)
  • Institutes of Technical Education (ITE)
  • Government/Government-Aided/Independent Schools (GOV)

or for pass holders from:

  • Approved Private Education Institutions (PTE)
  • Kindergartens and Childcare Centres (KID)