Back to top

You would have been issued a Re-Entry Permit (REP) when you receive your permanent residency.

A valid REP is necessary whenever a permanent resident (PR) travels out of Singapore. The REP allows you to retain your permanent residence status while away from Singapore.

If you leave Singapore or remain overseas without a valid REP, you will lose your permanent residence status. If you enter Singapore without a valid REP, you would be deemed as a foreign visitor, subject to prevailing entry requirements.


To apply for or renew an REP, you must be a PR and hold a valid travel document.

Apply Online Documents Required and Procedure
tooltip button

If you have a valid REP, you must renew it online using e-Service within three months of its expiry date. You are not required to submit any documents, unless requested by ICA.

If you are overseas and do not have a Singpass account, you can submit your application through the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission. It should be submitted at least two months before your current REP expires.


A S$10 fee is payable for every year, or part thereof, of your approved REP.

A separate fee is chargeable for each REP issued.

For online application, you will need to pay the fee within 14 days of the approval date or your application will be withdrawn. Payment can be made using either:

  • Visa or MasterCard credit/debit card,
  • American Express (AMEX) credit card,
  • Internet direct debit (DBS/POSB, OCBC, UOB and Standard Chartered Bank internet banking accounts in Singapore),
  • PayNow.

For applications over the counter at ICA, payment can be made using either:

  • NETS,
  • Visa or Mastercard credit/debit card,
  • Mobile payment e.g. Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Google Pay 

Processing Time

The general processing time is within one week (excluding the day of submission). Please note that some applications may take longer to process.

If you have applied for an REP online, you can check the outcome of your application using e-Service. If you have provided an email address during the application process, you will be notified of the outcome by email.