Deaths at government or government-restructured hospitals
You can register the death at any of the following locations:
- Alexandra Hospital
- Changi General Hospital
- Khoo Teck Puat Hospital
- KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- National University Hospital
- Ng Teng Fong General Hospital
- Sengkang General Hospital
- Singapore General Hospital
- Tan Tock Seng Hospital
- A neighbourhood police centre, neighbourhood police post or police division headquarters.
Deaths at private hospitals and at home
If the death was not attended by a doctor or authorised medical practitioner, you will need to engage a doctor or authorised medical practitioner to certify the death.
You can register the death at any neighbourhood police centre, neighbourhood police post or police division headquarters.
Alternatively, you can register the death at:
Registry of Births & Deaths
Citizen Services Centre
10 Kallang Road, Level 3 (next to Lavender MRT station)
Operating hours are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm on Monday to Friday, and 8.00 am to 12.30 pm on Saturday.
Longer-than-average waiting times are to be expected in the following peak times:
- Monday, Friday, Saturday
- School holidays
- The day before or after a public holiday.