Apply for death extract
The following information relating to the deceased person is required:
- Full Name (as stated in the death certificate)
- Date of death
- Singapore Death Registration number OR if the deceased died within the last five years, Deceased's Singapore NRIC / Birth Certificate number (for child without NRIC).
If you are unable to provide any of the above information, you will need to apply for a search for the death record.
Search for death record
You will need to provide the following information of the death certificate holder:
- Date of Death or an approximate period during which you believe the deceased had passed away
- Full Name
- Valid e-mail address (for receiving the search result).
The following additional information will facilitate the search
- Place or address of death
- Last known address.
A search will be performed on the death records that fall within the specified period. You will be informed of the search result via email.
When the search is successful, you will be advised to apply for a copy of the extract.