You can apply for a death extract online using the e-Service.
Only the following persons are eligible to apply for a death extract:
- Parent of the deceased
- Child of the deceased
- Grandparent of the deceased
- Grandchild of the deceased
- Spouse of the deceased
- Legal guardian of the deceased
- Sibling of the deceased
- Solicitor who is acting on behalf of the above listed eligible person(s)
To apply for a death extract, you will need to provide the following information relating to the deceased person:
- Name (as stated on the death certificate)
- Date of death
- NRIC number or Singapore Birth Certificate number (for child without NRIC) or Singapore Death Registration/Certificate number
If you are unable to provide all required information (listed above), you will need to apply for a search for the death record, with the following information:
- Deceased’s name
- Deceased’s sex
- Date of death or an approximate period during which the death had occurred
- Place or address of death (if available)
- Last known address (if available)
A search will be performed on the death records that fall within the period specified in your application.
Records of death which occurred overseas will not be available. For such records, please approach the relevant foreign authorities in the country/place where the death occurred.