You can register the birth online using the LifeSG app or at the counter of any of the gazetted birth registration centres or Registry of Births & Deaths at ICA.
Online Birth Registration
Singaporean parents have an additional and more convenient channel to register their child’s birth and apply for Baby Bonus at the same time using the LifeSG app.
The LifeSG app is available to the following users:
- One parent is a Singapore citizen;
- Both parents’ have a SingPass account;
- Parents’ marriage is registered in Singapore at the time of child’s birth;
- The baby is born at any of the hospitals gazetted as birth registration centres.
Download the app for free at IOS App Store or Android Google Play Store.
Birth Registration Centres
- Gleneagles Hospital
- KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Mount Alvernia Hospital
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital
- Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
- National University Hospital
- Parkway East Hospital,
- Raffles Hospital
- Singapore General Hospital
- Thomson Medical Centre
You can also walk-in to register the birth at the gazetted birth registration centres or at the Registry of Births & Deaths at ICA:
Registry of Births & Deaths
Citizen Services Centre
10 Kallang Road, Level 3 (next to Lavender MRT station)
Operating hours are 8.00 am to 4.30 pm on Mondays to Fridays, and 8.00 am to 12.30 pm on Saturdays.
Longer-than-average waiting times are to be expected on the following peak times:
- Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays
- School holidays
- The day before or after a public holiday.