You can apply for a birth extract online using the e-Service.
Only the following persons are eligible to apply for a birth extract:
- The birth certificate holder (aged 21 years and above)
- Parent of the birth certificate holder
- Legal guardian of the birth certificate holder
- Solicitor acting on behalf of any of the above listed eligible person(s)
To apply for a birth extract, you will need to provide the following information relating to the holder of the birth certificate:
- Name (as stated on the birth certificate)
- Date of birth
- Singapore Birth Certificate or NRIC number
If you are unable to provide all required information (listed above), you will need to apply for a search of the birth record, with the following information:
- Name of birth certificate holder
- Sex of birth certificate holder
- Date of birth or an approximate period during which the birth had occurred
- Name of birth certificate holder’s mother
- Residential address of birth certificate holder’s mother at time of child's birth (if available)
A search will be performed on the birth records that fall within the period specified in your application.
Records of birth which occurred overseas will not be available. For such records, please approach the relevant foreign authorities in the country/place where the birth occurred.