Apply for birth extract
The following information relating to the holder of the birth certificate is required:
- Full Name (as stated in the birth certificate)
- Date of birth
- Singapore Birth Certificate / NRIC number.
If you are unable to provide any of the above information, you will need to apply for a search for the birth record.
Search for birth record
You will need to provide the following information of the birth certificate holder:
- Date of Birth or an approximate period during which you believe the person was born
- Full Name
- Mother’s name
- Valid email address (for receiving the search result).
The following additional information will facilitate the search
- Mother's residential address at time of child's birth.
A search will be performed on the birth records that fall within the specified period. You will be informed of the search result via email.
When the search is successful, you will be advised to apply for a copy of the extract.