Report loss of foreign passport

Back to top

If you lose your passport in Singapore, you must immediately report the loss at any police station, neighbourhood police centre or police post.

You should then contact your embassy, high commission or consular office to apply for a replacement travel document. The Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs website lists addresses and contact details for accredited foreign missions.



For short-term visit pass holder, you may depart Singapore on the temporary or replacement travel document and a copy of police report, within the validity of your visit pass. You may check the validity of your visit pass at ICA’s e-Pass Enquiry portal.

If you manage to locate the lost travel document before departure, please make a police report to update the status of your travel document. Once the police report is made, you may depart Singapore on the found travel document.

There is no need to report to ICA Building for both instances.

If you are unable to secure a temporary or replacement travel document within the validity of visit pass to depart Singapore, you may write to us at or visit ICA in person for assistance on your visit pass:


ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 4
Singapore 208718
(next to Lavender MRT station) 
Mondays to Fridays, 8.00 am to 12.00pm


Long-Term Pass (LTP) Holder

For ICA pass holders, you may update your new passport information to ICA by clicking on your pass type:

Long-Term Visit Pass
Student's Pass (Institute of Higher Learning)
Student's Pass (Other schools)

For MOM pass holders, you may refer to Ministry of Manpower’s website for more instructions