You can register the birth via the following modes:
- Online registration via LifeSG app;
- Walk-in registration at any designated birth registration centre; or at the
- ICA Registry of Births and Deaths.
Online registration via LifeSG App
Singaporean parents may register their child’s birth and apply for baby bonus at the same time using the LifeSG app.
The birth registration service via LifeSG app is available to parents who fulfil the following criteria:
- One parent is a Singapore citizen;
- Both parents have a Singpass account;
- Parents’ marriage is registered in Singapore at the time of child’s birth;
- The baby is born at any of the hospitals gazetted as birth registration centres.
Download the app for free at IOS App Store or Android Google Play Store.
You can register the child’s birth at any designated birth registration centre located at:
- Gleneagles Hospital
- KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Mount Alvernia Hospital
- Mount Elizabeth Hospital
- Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital
- National University Hospital
- Parkway East Hospital
- Raffles Hospital
- Singapore General Hospital
- Thomson Medical Centre.
Alternatively, you can register the birth at:
Registry of Births and Deaths
Citizen Services Centre
10 Kallang Road, Level 3
(next to Lavender MRT station)
Operating hours are 8.00 am - 4.30 pm on Mondays to Fridays, and 8.00 am - 12.30 pm on Saturdays.
Longer-than-average waiting times are to be expected during the following peak periods:
- Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays
- School holidays
- The day before or after a public holiday.