Starting from 2 June 2020, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) at the ICA Building, 10 Kallang Road, will resume counter services in a limited and controlled manner, strictly for selected services and by appointment only. This is in line with the Public Service Division’s announcement on 25 May 2020 that the Public Service will only gradually resume the delivery of services at physical touchpoints in the immediate post-Circuit Breaker period.
Entry into the ICA Building strictly for selected services and by appointment only
2. Members of the public should continue to use ICA’s e-Services available at MyICA (www.ica.gov.sg), such as for passport application, identity card (IC) re-registration, and extension of Short-Term Visit Pass. Please refer to Annex A for the list of e-Services available.
3. ICA counter services will be available only for services that cannot be done or completed online. Examples include collection of passport and IC, and completion of formalities for long-term immigration facilities. ICA will not accept walk-ins for these services. Before making their way to the ICA Building, members of the public have to first obtain an appointment date and time.
4. Members of the public can obtain an appointment through one of the following ways:
- If you have made an application earlier (e.g. for a passport or long-term immigration facilities), and the application process requires you to come to the ICA Building (e.g. to collect the passport or complete facilities), you will be able to book an appointment via ICA's e-Appointment Service, which can be accessed on the ICA website at https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/ibook or via the eAPPT@ICA mobile application. Please refer to Annex B for the list of services for which you can obtain an appointment through e-Appointment.
- For services that are not available on the e-Appointment Service, you can book an appointment by obtaining an ICA permission letter or email for entry into ICA Building via an electronic form (FormSG): “Request for ICA Services in view of COVID-19” at https://go.gov.sg/ica-services. Please refer to Annex C for services that will be available through this channel. It will take up to one working day for such requests to be processed.
 A request sent on a Friday will be processed by the following Monday.
5. Those who have earlier made appointments which were scheduled during the Circuit Breaker period but could not visit the ICA Building to attend their appointments due to restricted counter services then, should reschedule their appointments through the e-Appointment Service.
6. Members of the public with an appointment are advised to arrive at the ICA Building within 15 minutes of their appointment time.
7. All visitors to the ICA Building will need to check in using SafeEntry, and will be allowed entry only if they:
- Are currently not under a Quarantine Order, Isolation Order or Stay-Home Notice, nor have been issued medical certificates for respiratory symptoms;
- Have not had close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days; and
- Do not have a fever or any flu-like symptoms.
8. Applicants should avoid rushing to the ICA Building in the immediate post-Circuit Breaker period. For applicants’ convenience and safety:
- The deadline for collection of all uncollected passports and ICs has been extended to 30 September 2020; and
- For Singapore Citizenship, Permanent Residence and Long-Term Visit Pass applicants who were unable to complete their formalities during the Circuit Breaker period, the validity of their in-principle approval has been extended till 30 June 2020.
One-off delivery of ICs and passports
9. ICA will arrange delivery of the IC and passport to residents who have applied for an IC under mandatory/ optional IC re-registration, or applied for a passport, between 1 January and 31 May 2020, and have not collected their IC or passport because of the Circuit Breaker. This will help to minimise the number of visitors to the ICA Building. Applicants will not be charged for this one-off delivery service.
10. ICA is in the process of arranging for the delivery service. We will contact all affected applicants and provide them with the details of this service from mid-June to end July 2020. In the event that they have yet to hear from ICA but need to collect their document urgently, they may do so by making an appointment via ICA’s e-Appointment Service.
Extension of stay for foreigners
11. All foreigners in Singapore must ensure that they have a valid Short Term Visit Pass, otherwise they would be committing an offence of overstaying. Those who wish to extend their stay in Singapore must submit an online application via MyICA to extend their Pass. They are advised to do so at least seven days before the expiry of their Pass.
12. Our call centre services (6391 6100) will continue to be available. Members of the public should use ICA's e-Services via MyICA at www.ica.gov.sg wherever possible, and defer all non-urgent visits to the ICA Building. For more information, please visit the ICA website at ica.gov.sg.
IMMIGRATION & CHECKPOINTS AUTHORITY
30 MAY 2020
ANNEX A - e-Services available on the ICA website
ANNEX B - Counter services available via an e-Appointment
- Citizenship Registration
- Collection of IC
- Collection of Passport
- Registration of 15-year-old IC
- Collection of Birth Certificate
For Permanent Residents
- Completion of Formalities for Successful Applicants
- Application for Re-Entry Permit (REP) – for REPs which have expired
- Application for Certificate of Identity
- Collection of IC (New/Existing Singapore Permanent Resident)
- Long-Term Visit Pass Completion of Formalities
- Student’s Pass Completion of Formalities
- Report to Visitor Services Centre (as required by ICA)
- Collection of Long-Term Pass Card
ANNEX C - Counter services that can be requested via https://go.gov.sg/ica-services*
Citizen Services Centre
- Birth Registration Services
- Citizenship Services
- Death Registration Services
- Replacement of IC
- Change of particulars on IC
- Late IC Registration
- Lost/Damaged Passport Application for urgent travel
- Oath of Renunciation, Allegiance and Loyalty (ORAL)
- Passport Application-cum-Collection for urgent travel
Permanent Resident Services Centre
- Verification of Permanent Residence Status
- Renewal of Long-Term Special Pass
- Renunciation of Permanent Residence
Visitor Services Centre
- Cancellation of Long-Term Visit Pass/ Student’s Pass
- Short-Term Visit Pass Extension (if unable to apply online)
- Lost Passport (for foreign visitors)
- Application for special pass for foreign child born in Singapore
- Cancellation of Frequent Traveller Programme Facility (to extend stay)
*Applicants should submit a request via https://go.gov.sg/ica-services and obtain a permission letter/email from ICA first before making their trip to the ICA Building.
Click here for more information and the Frequently Asked Questions for Resumption of Counter Services at ICA Building.