If you are making travel plans and your passport is expiring, the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) would like to remind you to apply for a new one early to avoid the last-minute rush. When your new passport is ready for collection, make an appointment with us so that you can be served promptly.
Apply for your passport online
2. Many countries require a passport to be valid for at least six months as part of their entry requirements. If your passport has less than six months’ validity, apply for a new passport to avoid any inconvenience to your overseas trip. You may submit a passport application for yourself or for your family members through MyICA on the ICA website (www.ica.gov.sg). This mode of application is faster and more convenient as you can do so anytime, anywhere.
Make an appointment to collect your passport
3. Make an appointment via www.eappointment.ica.gov.sg or the eAPPT@ICA mobile app to collect your passport. You might want to avoid the crowds during our busier periods which are on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, school holidays, eve of and post-public holidays.
Various Ways to collect your passport
4. At selected post offices – make an appointment to collect at selected post offices that operate beyond ICA’s operating hours. It can save you time and transport cost if you opt to collect your passport at a post office near you. If you are eligible for this option, you will be informed through the collection notification card/email. SingPost charges a fee for this service. For more information, please refer to SingPost website at www.singpost.com.
5. At ICA Building – make an appointment to collect at ICA Building located at 10 Kallang Road, next to Lavender MRT station. As ICA Building is easily accessible by various modes of public transport such as the MRT, bus and taxi, you can avoid the hassle of driving and looking for car park space. At the ICA Building, proceed to Level 2 if your appointment is for collection at the counter or the ground floor eLobby@ICA if you opt for the iCollect self-help kiosk. Please come within 15 minutes of the appointment time to be served promptly.
Efficient service for our customers is our priority
6. ICA is committed to serving you efficiently and expeditiously. As longer waiting times are inevitable during the peak periods, we seek your understanding to apply for your passport early and make an appointment to collect your passport. Come on time on your appointment day and be served promptly!
IMMIGRATION & CHECKPOINTS AUTHORITY
9 MAY 2019