Unmarried child (aged under 21) born within the context of a legal marriage to, or have been legally adopted by a Singapore citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) can apply for Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) under the sponsorship of the Singapore citizen or Singapore PR.
Please have these documents ready before you apply:
From the foreign child (applicant)
- Passport biodata page
- Disembarkation/ Embarkation (D/E) number (if applicable).
- Birth Certificate and adoption documents (if any)
- The applicant's recent passport-sized, digital, colour photograph taken within the last three months. Please click here for photo guidelines.
From the Singapore citizen/ permanent resident parent (sponsor)
- Identity Card
- Certificate(s) showing highest level of academic qualification
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce certificate and custody papers, if applicable
- Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the past three years, and Central Provident Fund (CPF) Statement showing monthly CPF contributions for the past 12 months
- Letter of employment, stating date of commencement, designation and monthly salary.
For those who are self-employed, a valid registration certificate from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and the company’s Profit and Loss Statement for the past 12 months.
- Payslips for the past 6 months
For Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) holders, please renew your LTVP at least 2 months before the expiration of your current LTVP.
ICA takes into account Singapore’s public policy on marriage, parenthood and family in assessing applications for LTVP.
First-time applicants need to apply for an LTVP with at least 10 days remaining on their Visit Pass. Visitors to Singapore must have a valid Visit Pass at all times during their stay. They must also have a passport issued only in their name.