The Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) has brought all its 15 electronic services (e-Services) into the MyICA portal (see Annex for the list of e-Services) and aims to achieve 100% online applications for these services by 2020.
The Journey Began with MyICA
2. ICA’s journey to achieve 100% online applications began with the launch of MyICA on 27 June 2018. MyICA is an integrated personalised portal where customers can access ICA’s e-Services on a secure electronic platform. With MyICA, members of the public only need to perform a single log-in every time, in order to enjoy all of ICA’s e-Services. In addition, payments for e-Services are consolidated, so that only a single e-payment is required for multiple transactions within the same log-in session.
Further Enhancements to MyICA
3. Since the launch of MyICA, ICA has been gathering feedback and suggestions from members of the public and users of MyICA. These have helped ICA to fine-tune and improve the portal across different web browsers and mobile devices. Users have expressed satisfaction with the portal and welcome the convenience of a single portal to access different e-Services.
4. In the months ahead, MyICA users can expect further enhancements to the portal as ICA incorporates more convenient and user-friendly features, such as electronic notifications on the status of their applications.
Towards 100% Online Applications
5. ICA will progressively cease the use of hardcopy application forms, as we work towards the target of having all applications for its e-Services1 submitted online by 2020. In 2017, 88% of more than 5.5 million applications were already submitted online. The majority of hardcopy applications were for passports and NRICs, and submitted at ICA Building in person or mailed to ICA.
Helping the Public with Online Transactions
6. ICA is mindful that there are some segments of the public who are not familiar with transacting online. Hence, we have taken various measures:
- First-time users of MyICA can learn about its features and the e-Services available through an online tutorial.
- To guide applicants who are not familiar with the process of applying for passports and NRICs online, a step-by-step video guide (in English and our national vernacular languages) will be progressively introduced on ICA’s website and Facebook page.
- To facilitate applications by the elderly who may be less familiar with using the Internet, their family members and friends can apply on their behalf via MyICA.
7. In addition, applicants who do not have access to the Internet, or whose family or friends are unable to assist, can visit the eLobby at ICA Building and make use of the self-service kiosks2 to submit their applications. ICA Service Ambassadors will be on hand to help such applicants. ICA can also make special arrangements to assist those who are unable to make a trip to ICA due to medical reasons. For example, those who are bedridden and are required to re-register for their NRIC can request for ICA to conduct the re-registration at their residence.
8. The move towards 100% online applications by 2020 supports Singapore’s Smart Nation goals. This will benefit both our customers and officers.
9. ICA will continually review our processes and services to ensure that they meet the needs of our customers. We invite customers to join us in co-creating this new experience. They can provide feedback via ePoll after using MyICA.
IMMIGRATION & CHECKPOINTS AUTHORITY
20 DECEMBER 2018
List of 15 e-Services
1 Apply for Passport
2 Replace/Re-register for NRIC
3 Request for Letter for Change of Address
4 Apply for Student’s Pass
5 Apply for Certificate of Extract of, or search for Record of Birth/Death
6 Apply for Visa for Entry into Singapore
7 Apply for APEC Business Travel Card
8 Apply for Extension of Stay in Singapore (Visit Pass)
9 Apply for Long-Term Visit Pass
10 Pre-Marriage Long-Term Visit Pass Assessment
11 Apply for Re-Entry Permit
12 Apply for Permanent Residence
13 Apply for Singapore Citizenship
14 Check validity of Immigration Passes and NRIC
15 Book appointment with ICA
1 These 15 e-Services constitute 99% of public transactions with ICA. The remaining 1% are services which are very seldom used and only on a very exceptional basis, and applicable to only a very small number of people, or requires a physical interview. An example is the renunciation of Singapore Citizenship.
2 All of ICA’s e-Services are available at the self-service kiosks, except applications for Permanent Residence and for Singapore Citizenship.