This page serves as a guide to Visitors who are Students of Institute of Higher Learning seeking employment in Singapore on procedures relating to the application of a one-year (non-renewable) Visit Pass.
Eligibility for Online Applications
Visitors who are Holders of locally-issued educational certificate issued by the following schools may submit his/her application for a one-year (non-renewable) Visit Pass via our electronic-Service, e-VP
|List of Schools
National University of Singapore
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore Management University
SIM University (UniSIM)
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
Singapore University of Technology and Design(SUTD)
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
|Offshore Institutes with Local Campuses
Ecole Superieure Des Sciences Economiques Et Commerciales (ESSEC)
NYU Tisch School of the Arts
S P Jain School of Global Management
University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Singapore
Digipen Institute of Technology
Design Technology Institute (DTI)
Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA)
The Logistics Institute - Asia Pacific
Chicago Booth School of Business
German Institute of Science and Technology - TUM Asia
University of Newcastle upon Tyne (UK)
University of Glasgow (UK)
University of Manchester (UK)
Culinary Institute of America (USA)
Sorbonne Assas International Law School
Maritime and Ports Authority of Singapore
LASALLE-SIA College of The Arts
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- Duly completed Form 14* signed by the applicant
- Applicant's highest educational certificate (original and photocopy)
- Applicant's travel document (e.g. passport) with at least 6 months validity. A copy of the travel document personal particulars page must be submitted to ICA
- Applicant’s Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card endorsed with a valid Visit Pass granted on entry into Singapore
- Applicant's existing Student's Pass (A police report is required if the Student's Pass is missing)
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14) which meets the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last 3 months
- Photograph should be in colour - and must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- Image must show the full face without any headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but it must not hide the facial features)
*You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader
to read and print the form. These forms are also available at the Visitors Services Centre:
Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
All applications must be submitted online via our e-Service, e-VP
Important Information to Note:
- Applicant is required to have a valid Visit Pass / Student's Pass during his/her stay in Singapore.
- The applicant may be required to turn up for an interview.
- All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in English language.
- Applicant will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- If the application is subsequently approved, applicant will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter. The approval letter is valid for 2 months - once payment is made.
- A medical check-up is required by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for all applications for a Visit Pass of 6 months or more. The applicant will only be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up if approval is granted. This requirement is not applicable to an applicant below the age of 15 years old.
|S$30 Processing Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass, a processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you choose to withdraw the application after submission.
|S$40 Extension Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass to be successfully submitted, please note that applicant must have a minimum valid stay of 10 days. An extension fee of S$40 is applicable when the valid Visit Pass issued to him has accumulated to a period of 3 months or more since the date of entry/issuance of first pass.
(This fee is chargeable for every subsequent extension of stay accumulating to 3 months or more.)
|For the Long-Term Visit Pass to be issued, an issuance fee of S$60 will be applicable. The payment is to be made within 30 days from the date of In-Principal of Approval. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application.
is required, an additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged.
The payment can be made by NETS or CashCard.
For all new
applications submitted online via e-VP
, the processing time is up to 6 weeks
Applicants may enquire about the outcome of their application via e-VP's Status Enquiry.
When applicable, a security deposit may
be required. Upon approval of the application, ICA will advise whether the security deposit should be in the form of a Banker's Guarantee, Cashier's Order or NETS.
Peak Periods to Avoid
Completion of Formalities (Issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass)
- Saturdays, eve and the day after Public Holidays
- 11.00 am to 2.00 pm on Mondays and Fridays
Applicant is required to be present for the Completion of Formalities.
With effect from 1 April 2009, all completion of formalities is strictly by appointment only
. Please use our e-Appointment
facility to select the preferred date and time to complete formalities. On the date of the appointment, please proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk 3 located at ICA Building, Visitor Services Centre, 4th Storey, to obtain a queue ticket. The applicant is advised to be punctual for the appointment.
Prior to collection of Long-Term Visit Pass, applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) Card. Please click here
for the copy of the form.