Apply for Student's Pass

This page will allow foreigners pursuing their full-time studies in Singapore to apply for a pass to remain in Singapore.

Who should apply for Student's Pass?

A foreigner is required to apply for a Student's Pass if he/she has been accepted by an educational institution to pursue full-time studies in Singapore, unless he/she is a:

  • Dependant's Pass holder studying in a Government/ Government-Aided/ Independent school/ Foreign System School/ Kindergarten registered with MOE or Childcare centre licensed by MSF;
  • Immigration Exemption Order holder; or
  • Visitor who has been granted a short term Visit Pass at the Singapore Checkpoint and wish to attend a short course that can be completed within the validity of the initial Visit Pass granted to him/her at the Singapore Checkpoint or 30 days, whichever is shorter. The course must:

    • be a complete module and stand-alone module of its own. Courses with multiple programme modules are excluded from this Student's Pass exemption scheme; and
    • not involve hands-on practical occupational training and/or industrial attachment which have interaction with walk-in customers or be conducted at premises that are also places of business, e.g. hair salons and beauty salons.

How to apply for Student's Pass?

Depending on the type of educational institution that a foreigner is intending to study at, the requirements and procedures for applying for a Student's Pass will differ.

Please click on the relevant type of education institution where you intend to pursue your studies at to apply for the student's pass:

Related Links

1) Popular e-Services

>>Student's Pass Online Application and Registration (For Polytechnics & Universities )
>>Student's Pass Online Application and Registration+ (For All Other School Types)







2) Guidenotes

>> Application for a Student's Pass to Study in a Kindergarten registered with MOE/Childcare Centre licensed by MSF

>> Application for Student's Pass to Study in a Foreign System School

>>Application for Student's Pass to Study in a Government/ Government-Aided/Independent School
>> Application for Student's Pass to Study in a Local Polytechnic and University
>> Application for Student's Pass to Study in an Approved Private Education Organisation 
>> Application for Student's Pass to Study in an Institute of Technical Education   

3) Frequently Asked Questions

Related Links

back to top

Last updated 07 Dec 2012