Visitors whose Spouse is a Singapore Citizen (SC) may apply for a Visit Pass (for long term stay) via e-VPAA.
Eligibility for Applications (LTVP/ LTVP - Plus)
All applications for a Visit Pass are assessed on their own merits and are subject for approval. Foreign spouse of Singapore Citizen (SC) may apply for Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) or Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus (LTVP+) online via e-VPAA
The LTVP+ was introduced from 1 April 2012 to provide foreign spouses of SCs with longer period of residency, healthcare
and employment benefits. Eligibility for LTVP+ will be considered automatically in all LTVP applications; no separate application is required.
The following documents may be required upon request by ICA.
- Applicant's travel document (e.g. passport) with at least 6 months validity. A copy of the travel document personal particulars page must be submitted to ICA
- Applicant's Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card with a valid Visit Pass granted on entry into Singapore
- The local sponsor's Identity Card (a copy of the NRIC must be submitted to ICA)
- Applicant's Marriage Certificate
- If applicant is pregnant, a letter from a registered doctor stating applicant's Expected Date of Delivery (EDD)
- Children's Birth Certificates, if any
- Local sponsor's and applicant's highest Educational Certificate
- Local sponsor's Letter of Employment stating Date of Commencement, Designation and Salary per month (for self-employed: sponsor's valid Registration Certificate from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and Company's Profit & Loss Statement for the last 12 months)
- Local sponsor's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months. Alternatively, the sponsor may choose to complete Appendix VP to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) and Central Provident Fund Board (CPF) directly instead.
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14) which meets the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last 3 months
- Photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)
- Sponsor's and applicant's Divorce Certificate, if any (original and photocopy)
Application must be sponsored by the spouse
All applications must be submitted via our e-Service, e-VPAA.
Important Information to Note:
- Applicant is required to have a valid Visit Pass during the stay in Singapore.
- Applicant must be in posession of a passport issued solely to the applicant.
- The applicant and the local sponsor may be requested to turn up for an interview.
- All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- Applicant and local sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- If the application is subsequently approved, local sponsor /applicant can retrieve the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter via e-VPAA's Status Enquiry.
- A medical check-up is required by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for all applications of a Visit Pass of 6 months or more. The applicant will only be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up if approval is granted. This requirement is not applicable to an applicant below 15 years old. Please note that the medical report will be only valid for 3 months from the Date of Screening.
|S$30 Processing Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass, a processing fee of S$30 per application will be charged at the time of submission. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission.
|S$40 Extension Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass to be successfully submitted, please note that applicant must have a minimum valid stay of 10 days. An extension fee of S$40 is applicable when the current valid pass is accumulating to a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issuance of pass.
(This fee is chargeable for every subsequent extension of stay accumulating to 3 months or more.)
|For the Long-Term Visit Pass to be issued, an issuance fee of S$60 will be applicable. The payment is to be made within 30 days from the date of In-Principal of Approval. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application.
is required, an additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged separately.
For all new
applications submitted online via e-VPAA,
the processing time is up to 6 weeks
. Those who did not go through the Pre-Marriage LTVP Assessment will be subjected to longer processing time of up to 6 months.
Applicants may enquire about the outcome of their application via e-VPAA's Status Enquiry.
When applicable, a Security Deposit may be required from the local sponsor. Upon approval of the application, ICA will advise whether the security deposit should be in the form of a Banker's Guarantee, Cashier's Order or NETS.
Completion of Formalities (Issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass)
Applicant is required to be present for the Completion of Formalities.
With effect from 1 April 2009
, all completion of formalities is strictly by appointment only
. Please use our e-Appointment
facility to select the preferred date and time to complete formalities. On the date of the appointment, proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk located at Visitor Services Centre 4th Storey, ICA Building to obtain a queue ticket. The applicant is advised to be punctual for the appointment.
Prior to collection of Long-Term Visit Pass, applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long-Term Pass (LTVP) Card. Please click here
for copy of the form.