Visitors whose Spouse is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) may apply for a Visit Pass (for long term stay) via e-VP.
Eligibility for Applications (LTVP/ LTVP - Plus)
Foreign spouse of Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) may apply for Long-Term Visit Pass or LTVP in short, online via e-VP
From 1 April 2012, the Long-Term Visit Pass - Plus or LTVP+ in short, provides foreign spouses of SCs with greater certainty of stay here by granting the holder a longer period of residency. LTVP+ holders will be eligible for healthcare
benefits. For further details on the LTVP+, please refer to the News Release
There is no separate application for LTVP+. Foreign spouses of SCs who submit applications for LTVP would automatically be considered for LTVP+ if they are eligible. All applications for a Visit Pass are assessed on their own merits and are subject to approval.
For more information on the LTVP+ scheme, you may refer to the FAQ
- Duly completed Form 14* signed by the applicant and a local sponsor (the local sponsor must be either a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR)
- Duly completed Form V39I* signed by the local sponsor (Malaysians are not required to complete this form)
- Completed Form V234*
- Applicant's travel document (e.g. passport) with at least 6 months validity. A copy of the travel document personal particulars page must be submitted to ICA
- Applicant's Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card with a valid Visit Pass granted on entry into Singapore
- The local sponsor's Identity Card (a copy of the NRIC must be submitted to ICA)
- Applicant's Marriage Certificate
- If applicant is pregnant, a letter from a registered doctor stating applicant's Expected Date of Delivery (EDD) and a copy (original) of completed Form V107* is required
- Children's Birth Certificates, if any
- Local sponsor's and applicant's highest Educational Certificate
- Local sponsor's Letter of Employment stating Date of Commencement, Designation and Salary per month (for self-employed: sponsor's valid Registration Certificate from the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) and Company's Profit & Loss Statement for the last 12 months)
- Local sponsor's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years and CPF Statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months. Alternatively, the sponsor may choose to complete Appendix VP to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information provided in respect of this application with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) and Central Provident Fund Board (CPF) directly instead.
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14) which meets the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last 3 months
- Photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)
- Sponsor's and applicant's Divorce Certificate, if any (original and photocopy)
Application must be sponsored by the spouse
*You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader
to read and print the form. These forms are also available at the Visitors Services Centre:
Visitor Services Centre
All applications must be submitted via our e-Service, e-VP.
Important Information to Note:
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
- Applicant is required to have a valid Visit Pass during the stay in Singapore.
- A local sponsor (Singapore Citizen (SC) / Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) / Representative of a Singapore-registered company above 21 years old) is required to be present for the submission of all necessary documents for the application of Long-Term Visit Pass. Incomplete submission of documents will result in non-acceptance of the application at the counter.
- Applicant must be in posession of a passport issued solely to the applicant.
- The applicant and the local sponsor may be requested to turn up for an interview.
- All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- Applicant and local sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- If the application is subsequently approved, local sponsor /applicant will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter that is valid for 2 months (only for online submissions via e-VP) from the date of the letter.
- A medical check-up is required by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for all applications of a Visit Pass of 6 months or more. The applicant will only be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up if approval is granted. This requirement is not applicable to an applicant below 15 years old. Please note that the medical report will be only valid for 3 months from the Date of Screening if it has not been submitted to ICA.
|S$30 Processing Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass, a processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission.
|S$40 Extension Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass to be successfully submitted, please note that applicant must have a minimum valid stay of 10 days. An extension fee of S$40 is applicable when the current valid pass is accumulating to a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issuance of pass.
(This fee is chargeable for every subsequent extension of stay accumulating to 3 months or more.)
|For the Long-Term Visit Pass to be issued, an issuance fee of S$60 will be applicable. The payment is to be made within 30 days from the date of In-Principal of Approval. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application.
is required, an additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged separately.
Please make payment by NETS or CashCard.
For all new
applications submitted online via e-VP
, the processing time is up to 6 weeks
Applicants may enquire about the outcome of their application via e-VP's Status Enquiry.
When applicable, a Security Deposit may be required from the local sponsor. Upon approval of the application, ICA will advise whether the security deposit should be in the form of a Banker's Guarantee, Cashier's Order or NETS.
Peak Periods to Avoid
Completion of Formalities (Issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass)
- Saturdays, eve and the day after public holidays
- 11.00 am to 2.00 pm on Mondays and Fridays
Applicant is required to be present for the Completion of Formalities.
With effect from 1 April 2009
, all completion of formalities is strictly by appointment only
. Please use our e-Appointment
facility to select the preferred date and time to complete formalities. On the date of the appointment, proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk 3 located at Visitor Services Centre 4th Storey, ICA Building to obtain a queue ticket. The applicant is advised to be punctual for the appointment.
Prior to collection of Long-Term Visit Pass, applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long-Term Pass (LTVP) Card. Please click here
for copy of the form.