Female visitors whose child or grandchild is studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass may apply for a Visit Pass (for long term stay) online via e-VP.
Eligibility for Online Applications
Female visitors whose child or grandchild is studying in Singapore on a Student’s Pass may apply for a Visit Pass (for long term stay) online via e-VP
The purpose in issuing the Visit Passes is for the mothers/ grandmothers to accompany and look after their children/ grandchildren studying in Singapore. If the mother is granted the permission to remain in Singapore with the child, then the grandmother will not
be eligible for the pass and vice versa.
- Duly completed Form 14 * and Appendix (VP) signed by the applicant and a local sponsor (the local sponsor must be either a Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident above 21 years old)
- Duly completed Form V39i* signed by the local sponsor (Malaysians are not required to complete this form)
- Applicant's travel document (e.g. passport) with at least 6 months validity. A copy of the travel document personal particulars page must be submitted to ICA
- Applicant’s Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card with a valid Visit Pass granted on entry into Singapore
- The local sponsor’s Identity Card (a copy of the NRIC must be submitted to ICA)
- Applicant's marriage certificate, or if the applicant is divorced, the applicant’s divorce certificate and custody papers of the child (original and photocopy)
- If applicant is the mother: Child's birth certificate (original and photocopy), passport, Student's Pass card and Disembarkation/Embarkation card
- If applicant is the grandmother: Grandchild's and grandchild's parent's birth certificates (original and photocopy), grandchild's passport, Student's Pass card and Disembarkation/Embarkation card
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14) which meets the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last 3 months
- Photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- Image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)
*You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader
to read and print the form. These forms are also available at the Visitors Services Centre:
Visitor Services Centre
All applications must be submitted via our e-Service, e-VP.
Important Information to Note:
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
- Applicant is required to have a valid Visit Pass during the stay in Singapore.
- A Local Sponsor (Singapore Citizen (SC) / Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) / Representative of a Singapore-registered company above 21 years old) is required to be present for the submission of all necessary documents for the application of Long-Term Visit Pass. Incomplete submission of documents will result in non-acceptance of the application at the counter.
- Applicant must be in possession of a passport issued solely to the applicant.
- The Applicant and the Local Sponsor may be requested to turn up for an interview.
- All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- Applicant and the Local Sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- If the application is subsequently approved, local sponsor/applicant will receive an In-Principle Approval letter that is valid for 2 months from the date of the letter.
- A medical check-up is required by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for all applications for a Visit Pass of 6 months or more. The applicant will only be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up if approval is granted. This requirement is not applicable to an applicant below 15 years old.
|S$30 Processing Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass, a processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you withdraw the application after submission.
|S$40 Extension Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass to be successfully submitted, please note that applicant must have a minimum valid stay of 10 days. An extension fee of S$40 is applicable for Visit Pass that has been continuously renewed for a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issuance of Visit Pass.
|For the Long-Term Visit Pass to be issued, an issuance fee of S$60 will be applicable. The payment is to be made within 14 days from the date of In-Principal of Approval. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application.
is required, and additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged separately.
Please make payment by NETS or CashCard.
For all new
applications submitted online via e-VP
, the processing time is up to 6 weeks
Applicants may enquire about the outcome of their application via e-VP's Status Enquiry.
When applicable, a Security Deposit may be required from the local sponsor. Upon approval of the application, ICA will advise whether the security deposit should be in the form of a Banker's Guarantee, Cashier's Order or NETS
Peak Periods to Avoid
Completion of Formalities (Issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass)
- Saturdays, eve and the day after Public Holidays
- 11.00 am to 2.00 pm on Mondays and Fridays
Applicant is required to be present for the Completion of Formalities.
With effect from 1 April 2009
, all Completion of Formalities is strictly by appointment only
regardless if submission of application was made online via e-VP
or over the counter at ICA. Please use our e-Appointment
facility to select the preferred date and time to complete formalities. On the date of the appointment, proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk 3 located at Visitor Services Centre, 4th Storey, ICA Building to obtain a queue ticket. The applicant is advised to be punctual for the appointment.
Prior to collection of Long-Term Visit Pass, applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) Card. Please click here
for copy of the form.