This page serves as a guide to Visitors who are holders of foreign-issued educational certificate seeking employment in Singapore on procedures relating to application of a three-month (non-renewable) Visit Pass.
Eligibility for Online Application
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) will discontinue the Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate (EPEC) scheme from 1 December 2011. However, all EPECs already issued would remain valid until their expiry dates. Existing valid EPEC holders will be eligible to apply for a non-renewable three-month Visit Pass via our electronic-Service, e-VP.
For further enquiries regarding this scheme, please visit Ministry of Manpower's (MOM) Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate Notification
*You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print the form. These forms are also available at the Visitors Services Centre:
- Duly completed Form 14 signed by the applicant
- Applicant's highest educational certificate (original and photocopy)
- Applicant's travel document (e.g. passport) with at least 6 months validity. A copy of the travel document personal particulars' page must be submitted to ICA
- Applicant’s Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card endorsed with a valid Visit Pass granted on entry into Singapore
- One recent passport-sized colour photograph (to be pasted on the top right-hand corner of Form 14) which meets the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last 3 months
- Photograph should be in colour - and must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
- Image must show the full face without any headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but it must not hide the facial features)
All applications must be submitted via our e-Service, e-VP.
Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
Important Information to Note:
- Applicant is required to have a valid Visit Pass during his/her stay in Singapore.
- The applicant may be required to turn up for an interview.
- All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in English language.
- Applicant will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in the most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- If the application is subsequently approved, applicant will receive an In-Principle Approval letter. The Approval letter is valid for 2 months once payment is made.
If visa is required, an additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged.
|S$30 Processing Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass, a processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you choose to withdraw the application after submission.
|S$40 Extension Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass to be successfully submitted, please note that applicant must have a minimum valid stay of 10 days. An extension fee of S$40 is applicable for a Visit Pass that has been continuously renewed for a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issuance of Visit Pass when the valid Visit Pass issued to him has accumulated to a period of 3 months or more since the date of entry/issuance of first pass.
|For the Long-Term Visit Pass to be issued, an issuance fee of S$60 will be applicable. The payment is to be made within 14 days from the date of In-Principal of Approval. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application.
The payment can be made by NETS or CashCard.
For all new
applications submitted online via e-VP
, the processing time is up to 6 weeks
Applicants may enquire about the outcome of their application via e-VP's Status Enquiry.
When applicable, a security deposit may be required. Upon approval of the application, ICA will advise whether the security deposit should be in the form of a Banker's Guarantee, Cashier's Order or NETS.
Peak Periods to Avoid
Completion of Formalities (Issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass)
Applicant is required to be present for the Completion of Formalities.
- Saturdays, eve and the day after Public Holidays
- 11.00 am to 2.00 pm on Mondays and Fridays
With effect from 1 April 2009, all completion of formalities is strictly by appointment only. Please use our e-Appointment facility to select the preferred date and time to complete formalities. On the date of the appointment, please proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk 3 located at Visitor Services Centre 4th Storey, ICA Building to obtain a queue ticket. The applicant is advised to be punctual for the appointment.
Prior to collection of Long-Term Visit Pass, applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) Card. Please click here for the copy of the form.