Permanent Residents

Renewal of Re-entry Permit


Link to e-REP eService Related eServices: Electronic Re-Entry Permit (e-REP)

» Overview

» Eligibility

» Documents Required

» Procedure

» Fees

» Processing Time


A valid Re-Entry Permit (REP) is necessary whenever a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) wishes to travel out of Singapore. It will enable the Permanent Resident to retain his/her SPR status while away from Singapore.

A SPR who remains outside Singapore without a valid REP will lose his/her SPR status.


A SPR holding a valid travel document may apply for a Re-Entry Permit.

Documents Required

For All SPRs

Permanent Resident Services Centre
5th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718 

  • Singapore Blue Identity Card/Identity card for National Service personnel 
  • Valid travel document
  • Latest REP, if any

Additional Documents Required for SPRs under the Professionals/Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers (PTS) Scheme

If you are an employee, you may submit any of the following documents: 

  • A letter (issued not more than one month ago) from the employer addressed to the Controller of Immigration, stating the date of employment, position held and monthly salary; or 
  • Statement from the CPF Board showing the CPF Contribution History for the last 12 months; or 
  • Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last one year.

If you are self-employed (e.g. company director, sole proprietor, business partner), you may submit any of the following documents: 

  • Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last one year; or 
  • Business Registration Certificate (showing the names of all the Directors and partners) from the Instant Information Service, Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).

Additional Documents Required for Spouse of a Singapore Citizen/SPR

  • Singapore Identity Card of Spouse

Additional Documents Required for Dependant SPR below 21 Years of Age 

  • Travel document 
  • Parent's identity cards 

When the applicant reaches 21 years old, he/she needs to produce the highest qualification certificate and proof of employment in Singapore, if any.

Note: Additional documents and information may be required to support the application if necessary.


You must make an appointment via the Electronic Appointment Booking System (e-Appointment) prior to submitting your application (including completed forms and relevant documents) personally to:

Permanent Resident Services Centre
5th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718

You are strongly encouraged to submit your application online via Electronic Re-Entry Permit System (e-REP) with  a SingPass account 3 months before the expiry date of your current REP.

If you are overseas, you may submit your application;






  • through the nearest Singapore Overseas Mission 
  • through a representative of a foreign government performing consular functions on our behalf in that country
  • through a local representative in Singapore 

Note: An overseas application should be submitted at least 2 months before the expiry of the current REP. This is to allow sufficient time for processing. An overseas applicant whose spouse is a SC or SPR should furnish his/her spouse's Singapore identity card number and a copy of their marriage certificate to expedite processing.

There may be instances where a SPR is required to return to Singapore to complete the formalities for a 5-year REP at the Permanent Resident Services Centre, ICA Building. In such cases, you may be granted a short-term REP to facilitate your return to Singapore. You are strongly encouraged to utilise e-REP when you are overseas to make applications to renew/transfer your REP.


S$50/- for a 5-year REP 

A separate fee is chargeable for each REP issued.

Please make payment by NETS or CashCard.

Processing Time

The applications can be processed within one day if the applicants are in Singapore. For SPRs who are currently not in Singapore, the outcome of the applications will be made known to the applicants within 5 working days.

back to top

Last updated on 01 Apr 2014