Passport extension is only applicable to NS-liable male Singapore Passport holders aged between 11 and 17½ years who have passports issued before 15 Aug 2006. NS-liable Singapore Biometric Passport (issued after 15 Aug 2006) holders have to apply for a new passport once the current passport expires.
First time applicants: 5 years
Passport extensions: 5 years + remaining validity*
* If the remaining validity of your passport exceeds 9 months
, the validity upon extension will be pegged at 5 years 9 months
Your passport expires on 12 June 2008. You renew your passport on 12 April 2008 (2 months from expiry). The new expiration date upon renewal will be 5 years 2 months later, or 12 June 2013.
Your passport expires on 12 June 2008. You renew your passport on 12 July 2007 (11 months from expiry). The new expiration date upon renewal will be 5 years 9 months later (as the remaining validity exceeds 9 months), or 12 April 2013.
Your passport has already expired. The new validity will be 5 years upon extension. Your passport expires on 12 June 2008. You renew your passport on 15 January 2009. The new expiration date upon renewal will be 15 January 2014.
Passports issued before 1 April 2005 carry a validity of up to 10 years.
Passports issued before 15 Aug 2006 to male citizens aged between 11 and 16½ years are valid for 2 years or until the holder reaches 17½ years old, whichever is earlier.
Passport holders below 16 years old
Passport holders 16 years old and above
- Current passport
- Identity card, if applicable
- Birth certificate
- Identity Card of parent / legal guardian (legal document of guardianship must be produced)
- Completed Application for Extension of Passport Form if application is submitted to Central Manpower Base. You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print the form. (No form is needed for applications done at ICA)
- Current passport
- Identity card
- Evidence of oath-taking including Singapore Citizenship Certificate, if you are required to take oath of renunciation, allegiance and loyalty
- Completed Application for Extension of Passport Form if application is submitted to Central Manpower Base, HQ SCDF or Police National Service Department. You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print the form. (No form is needed for applications done at ICA)
Applicants may apply for an extension of validity of their passports at the following venues.
Citizen Services Centre
Level 3, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
8.00 am to 4.30 pm on weekdays
8.00 am to 12.30 pm on Saturdays
National Service Liable Persons under SAF and pre-enlistees including those aged 11 to 16½ years may apply at:
Exit Permit Office
Central Manpower Base
3 Depot Road
8.00 am to 5.00 pm on weekdays
National Service Liable Persons under the Singapore Civil Defence Force/ Singapore Police Force may apply at their respective Service Headquarters:
Civil Defence HQ Complex
National Service Personnel Department
91 Ubi Avenue 4
8.30 am to 5.30 pm (Monday to Friday) except Public Holidays
8.30 am to 12.00 pm if the eve of New Year's Day, Chinese New Year or Christmas falls on a weekday
Police National Service Department
Exit Permit Office
1 Mount Pleasant Road (Former Police Academy)
Blk 2 Singapore 298333
Tel: 6478 3357/6478 3358
8.30 am to 5.30 pm (weekdays)
8.30 am to 12.30 pm (Saturday)
For applicants under 16, the application for extension must be submitted by a parent/legal guardian. Applicants 16 years old and above must come personally to apply for an extension.
The passport extension service is provided free of charge.
The passport can be extended on the same day.
Peak Periods to Avoid
- Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, school holidays, eve and the day after public holidays
- 11.30 am to 2.00 pm on weekdays