Back to top

If you lose your Student’s Pass (STP) card or it has been damaged or defaced, you must apply for a replacement card in person within seven days of it becoming lost, damaged or defaced.

You can also apply for a replacement card if you wish to change your photograph or update your details.

Note: If you subsequently recover the Student’s Pass card you have reported lost to ICA, you must surrender the recovered card to ICA for cancellation within seven days.

Documents Required
tooltip button

You will need to provide original documents and official translations (for documents in languages other than English), as well as copies of the documents for ICA to retain.

ICA accepts:

  • Translations provided by the embassy of the country that issued the document
  • Translations produced by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document
  • Privately created translations attested by the embassy of the country that issued the document, or notarised by a notary public in Singapore or the country that issued the document.

ICA does not endorse any private translation companies or entities. Insufficient documentation may result in non-acceptance of your application. You may be required to provide additional documents to support your application.

To replace a lost or damaged Student’s Pass card, you will need:

  • Your recent passport-sized colour photograph taken within the last three months. Please click here for photo guidelines.
  • Your valid travel document (valid for least six months)
  • A letter from your education institution, stating you are currently a registered student
  • A statutory declaration or an original police report (not a photocopy) explaining that the card has been lost, if applicable.

You must also acknowledge a copy of the Student’s Pass Terms and Conditions.


To apply for a replacement card, go to:

Visitor Services Centre ICA Building
10 Kallang Road, Level 4 (next to Lavender MRT station)
Singapore 208718

When you arrive, proceed to the Information Counter to get a queue ticket.

This service is available from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm on Mondays to Fridays (except public holidays).


You will need to pay the following fees:

Replacement fees for a lost Student’s Pass card

  • S$100 for first loss
  • S$300 for second and subsequent losses

Replacement fee for a damaged Student’s Pass card, or replacement due to changed photograph or personal particulars

  • S$60


You will need to make an appointment to collect your replacement Student’s Pass card at least three working days in advance, using e-Appointment.

If you are eligible to collect your replacement Student’s Pass card at a post office, the e-Appointment website will show you a list of post offices that offer Student’s Pass card collection services. There is an additional service fee for collecting your card from the post office. Visit the SingPost website for more information.

If you do not have two sets of good-quality fingerprints enrolled in the ICA database (due to ageing, or excessively wet or dry thumbs and fingers, for example) you will not be able to collect your replacement card from a post office.

Regardless of where you pick up your replacement card, remember to bring your passport and e-Appointment acknowledgement slip.