Who can Apply?
Students who are Holders of educational certificate issued locally by the following schools may apply for the Visit Pass.
Getting Ready to Apply
|List of Schools
National University of Singapore
Nanyang Technological University
Singapore Management University
SIM University (UniSIM)
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT)
Singapore University of Technology and Design(SUTD)
Ngee Ann Polytechnic
|Offshore Institutes with Local Campuses
Ecole Superieure Des Sciences Economiques Et Commerciales (ESSEC)
NYU Tisch School of the Arts
S P Jain School of Global Management
University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Singapore
Digipen Institute of Technology
Design Technology Institute (DTI)
Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA)
The Logistics Institute - Asia Pacific
Chicago Booth School of Business
German Institute of Science and Technology - TUM Asia
University of Newcastle upon Tyne (UK)
University of Glasgow (UK)
University of Manchester (UK)
Culinary Institute of America (USA)
Sorbonne Assas International Law School
Maritime and Ports Authority of Singapore
LASALLE-SIA College of The Arts
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
The following documents may be required to complete the application and you can prepare them in advance:
- Applicant's highest educational certificate
- Applicant's passport biodata page
- Applicant's Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card
- One recent digital passport-sized colour photograph
Submitting the Application Online
- All applications must be submitted via our e-Service, e-VP. The Applicant can submit the application as no Singpass is required.
- A processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission of the application. The fee is non-refundable.
After Submission of Application (What to Expect)
- The processing time is up to 6 weeks. We seek your understanding that if your application is still within this processing time, please wait for the application outcome which will be conveyed to you through the respective eService channel or email and refrain from making status enquiries with ICA
- Applicant can check the outcome of the application via:
- Email if they had provided their email during online application, or
- e-VP's Status Enquiry if no email was provided.
- Original or photocopy of documents may be requested for processing of the application. The Applicant will be informed of the required documents.
- Applicant may be called up for an interview. If an interview is necessary, the Applicant will be informed.
Upon Approval of Application
- The Applicant will need to make payment via e-VP for the issuance of Multiple Journey Visa ($30), if visa is required, and Long-Term Visit Pass ($60). The payment must be made within 30 days from the date of IPA letter. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application. If the Applicant has requested for an extension of short-term stay and the request is approved, an additional fee of $40 will be required^.
^The fee of $40 is applicable if the Visit Pass has been continuously renewed for a period of 3 months or more from the date of Applicant's entry.
- The Applicant will need to retrieve the In-Principal Approval (IPA) letter, that is valid for two (2) months from the date of letter, via e-VP Status Enquiry (Note: The IPA letter does not equate to the issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass).
- A medical check-up (for applicants aged 15 years old and above) may be required. The Applicant will be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up in the IPA letter.
- Documents that were used to support the application must be presented in original to the ICA officer for verification at the time of completion of formalities for the issuance of a Long-Term Visit Pass. The list of required original/photocopy of documents will be indicated in the IPA letter.
- A security deposit may be required from the Applicant. If a security deposit is required, the Applicant will be advised vide the IPA letter on the security deposit amount and mode of payment.
- The Applicant must be physically present to collect the LTVP card. The collection of the LTVP card is strictly by appointment only. Please click here to select the preferred date and time.
- The Applicant has to acknowledge and submit a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for LTVP Card before the collection of the LTVP card. Please click here for copy of the form.
Important Points to Note
- Applicant must have a valid Visit Pass at all times during hos/her stay in Singapore.
- Applicant must have a passport-issued only to the Applicant.
- For documents that are not in the English language, ICA accepts translation done by the Embassy of the document-issuing country or a local Notary Public. A privately translated copy attested by the Embassy of the document-issuing country or notarized by a local Notary Public is also acceptable. ICA does not endorse any private translation companies or entities.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to service you better, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.