About ICA

Loss and Replacement of NRICs

This page serves as a guide to Singapore citizens and Permanent Residents on the procedures to report loss or replacement of identity cards.

Loss of Identity Card

Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents who have lost their identity cards are required to report the loss and apply for a replacement in person within 14 days.  A police report is required only if you are a victim of crime.  Otherwise you may execute a Statutory Declaration when you come to ICA to report the loss.

The following are important points to take note:

1. If the identity card is found subsequently, it must be returned to ICA.

2. First loss: fee payable is S$100 and processing time is 1 month.

3. Second and subsequent loss: fee payable is S$300 and processing time is 3 months.

4. The documents required to report loss of identity card are:

     (i) One recent passport sized photo which meets the following requirements:
            - The photograph must be taken within the last 3 months;
            - The photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or 
               semi-matt finish;
            - The photograph image must show the full face and without headgear (headgear worn in
               accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features) 
            - The photograph cannot be taken in uniform

    (ii) Police report or completed Declaration Form NR 12 (PDF).

    (iii) Addtional documents required for Permanent Residents:
            - Entry and / or Re-Entry Permits
            - Expired & valid passports
            - Certificate of Identity, if any
            - Malaysian IC for Malaysians

For more details of loss of identity card, please click on the following link: Reporting Loss of IC

Replacement of Identity Card

Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents whose identity cards are damaged or defaced are required to apply for a replacement within 14 days from the date of damage / defacement.  If you wish to change your particulars/photograph, you may also apply for a replacement. 


You may make an application to change your particulars, for e.g., inserting a Christian or Muslim name or a change of photograph.  Some examples of supporting documents for name change include religious certificate (for insertion of religious name), deed poll (for change of name, including ethnic name) and marriage certificate (for insertion of married name).  The fee payable is S$60.

For more details of replacement of identity card, please click on the following link: Replacement of IC



back to top

Last updated on 01 Sep 2014