This page serves as a guide to travellers on prohibited and controlled items in Singapore.
Prohibited & Controlled Items
Prohibited items are items which are not allowed to be imported into Singapore.
These items include:
- Chewing gum (except oral dental and medicated gum)
- Chewing tobacco and imitation tobacco products, for e.g., electronic cigarettes
- Cigarette lighters of pistol or revolver shape
- Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances
- Obscene articles, publications, video tapes/discs and software
- Reproduction of copyright publications, video tapes, video compact discs, laser discs, records or cassettes
- Seditious and treasonable materials
Controlled goods are items which require an import permit or authorisation from the relevant controlling authority for importation into Singapore.
For more details of prohibited and other items, please click on the following link: Prohibited & Controlled Items