|» Local Sponsor
» New Applications
» Renewal of Student's Pass
» Completion of Formalities
» Other Important Information
All foreigners, except Immigration Exemption Order holders, who wish to study in an Institute of Technical Education are required to apply for a Student's Pass.
A local sponsor is required for the application for a Student's Pass. The local sponsor must be a Singapore Citizen (SC)/Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) above the age of 21 years old. Companies/Organisations are not allowed to act as sponsors.
If any of the applicant's parents/step-parents is a SC/SPR, the Student's Pass application must be sponsored by the SC/SPR parent or step-parent.
New applications must be submitted at least 1 month before the commencement of the course.
With effect from 9 March 2009 new applications are to be submitted via the Student's Pass OnLine Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
(i) From School
A SOLAR+ Registration Acknowledgement Letter will be issued by the school.
(ii) From Student
Using the unique SOLAR+ Reference Number indicated on the Registration Acknowledgement Letter, the student can log-in to SOLAR+ to complete the application forms(i.e eForm 16 on Student's Details and eV103 on Student's Parents.
(iii) Local Sponsor
The local sponsor will then login to SOLAR+ to sponsor(i.e Undertaking by local Sponsor on V39S and V39Q) the STP application and submit it to ICA for processing.
Renewal of Student’s Passes
This section applies to students who are renewing their Student’s Passes to continue their studies in the same school. Please submit application for renewing a Student’s Pass at least 2 weeks before the commencement of the course. All applications are to be submitted through SOLAR+.
The processing time is 5 full working days (excluding day of application and collection) provided all required documents are submitted. However, some cases may take a longer time to process. Processing time may be extended during the peak periods.
A processing fee of $30 is required for every application submitted to ICA. The fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if application is withdrawn after submission. For submission via SOLAR+ please make payment by credit/debit card or internet banking.
A $60 issuance fee for every student’s pass issued and a further $30 multiple-entry visa fee for visa required nationals, where applicable. The fee is payable when the successful applicant completes the formality to collect the Student’s Pass.
Prior to collection of Student's Pass, applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the "Terms & Conditions of Student's Pass (STP) Card". Please click here for copy of the form.
Completion of Formalities
Foreign students issued with In-Principle Approval(IPA) letters are required to complete formalities in person at ICA office, 4th storey, ICA Building. Applicant must be in Singapore on a valid Immigration pass to collect the Student's Pass. The completion of formalities is strictly by appointment only. Please use our e-appointment facility at http://e-appointment.ica.gov.sg
Important Information to Note
- Applicant and/or local sponsor may have to requested to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- Original documents may be required to be produced for verification.
- Official/Notarised translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- A letter of explanation must be attached to the application if any of the required documents cannot be produced.
- All application forms must be duly signed and completed by the applicant/applicant's parents and the local sponsor at therelevant sections. Incomplete applications will NOT be accepted for completion of formalities.
- ICA reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the documents submitted in the application with the relevant issuing authorities or through the affiliated government agencies.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- For change of local sponsor or transfer of school after the application has been approved, a fresh set of application forms must be submitted to ICA through Solar+ for consideration.
- Information and application forms on Student's Pass application are available from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority website at www.ica.gov.sg
Cancellation of Student's Pass
Foreign students are required to surrender their Student's Passes for cancellation within 7 days from the date of cessation or termination of their study. The student or the local sponsor may approach the Student's Pass Unit at ICA with the following documents for the cancellation:
(a) A letter from the student or local sponsor indicating the intention to cancel the Student's Pass and a duly completed cancellation form
(b) The foreign student's travel document and a copy of the travel document page showing the student's full particulars(document must have at least 6 months validity).
(c) Student's Pass (IMM Form 17A)and Disembarkation/Embarkation(IMM Form 15A) cards.
Change of Address
In accordance with Immigration Regulations 8(5)(b), the foreign student is required to report any change in his/her address in Singapore within 14 days of such change. The student or the local sponsor who wish to report the change of their local address are required to submit their request via e-update of Address. Local Sponsor can now login to Solar+, key in the new address, click on the submit button and within minutes will be informed of the outcome.
Applications for change of address will not be accepted at the counters. However, applicants who are unable to submit online may deposit the duly completed and signed Report of Change of Address form into the drop-box located at the Student's Pass Unit near counter 19. (The Report of Address form is available at the Information counter).
The processing time for such requests will be 2 weeks. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications by post.