A foreigner, except for holder of Dependant’s Pass/Immigration Exemption Order holder, is required to apply for a Student’s Pass if he/she wishes to pursue full-time studies in Singapore in a kindergaerten/childcare centre registered with MSF.
New applications are to be submitted at least 2 months and not more than 6 months from the course commencement date. Applicants are not required to be present in Singapore while their applications are being considered. Hence, applicants are advised to apply for a Student’s Pass before arriving in Singapore as no extension of stay will be granted while the applications are under processing.
Applicants are advised to enter Singapore to complete the formalities for the issuance of a Student’s Pass only after their applications have been approved. They will be issued with Student’s Passes within one month from the course commencement date.
New applications are to be submitted through the schools via the Student’s Pass Onine Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
If your school has yet to register with ICA for the use of SOLAR+, your school can download the SOLAR+ registration form from ICA’s website and mail the completed form to ICA (Attention: Student’s Pass II Unit) for registration.
The general processing time for a new application is about 2 weeks. Some applications may take a longer time to process.
The school will be notified of the outcome of the application via SOLAR+ system.
Renewal of Student's Passes
Applicants who wish to continue to take the same course in the same school may renew their Student’s Passes via SOLAR+ system.
The general processing time for a renewal application is about 5 working days. Some applications may take a longer time to process.
Transfer of Schools
Applicants who wish to apply for a new Student’s Pass to study in a different kindergarten/childcare centre, are to submit an application for the transfer of school at least 4 weeks before the course begins.
Applications for a transfer of kindergarten/childcare centre can be submitted via the Student’s Pass On Line Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system
The general processing time for an application to transfer school/course is 5 working days. Some applications may take a longer time to process.
No local sponsor is required.
Completion of Formalities
Foreign students issued with In-Principle Approval (IPA) letters are required to complete formalities in person at ICA's office, 4th storey, ICA Building. Applicant must be in Singapore on a valid Immigration pass to collect the Student's Pass. The completion of formalities is strictly by appointment only. Please use our e-appointment facilitiy at http://eappointment.ica.gov.sg.
Applicants are required to bring along the documents required for collection of the Student's Pass as stated in IPA letters.
A processing fee of $30 is required for every application submitted to ICA. The fee is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if application is withdrawn after submission. For submission via SOLAR+, please make payment by credit/debit card or internet banking.
A $60 issuance fee for every student’s pass issued and a further $30 multiple-entry visa fee for visa required nationals, where applicable. The fee is payable when the successful applicant completes the formality to collect the Student’s Pass.
Prior to collection of Student's Pass, guardian or parent of the applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Student's Pass (STP) Card. Please click here for copy of the form.
Cancellation of Student's Passes
Foreign students are required to surrender their Student's Pass Cards for cancellation within 7 days from the date of cessation or termination of their study.
With effect from 3 Nov 2008, schools can now submit an application of Student's Pass cancellation online via a new e-service, namely e-Cancellation (the module can be accessed via SOLAR+).
For those who are unable to submit the cancellation online may submit over the counter, from Monday to Friday (8am to 4.30pm), Saturday (8am to 12.30pm) by obtaining a queue ticket at the Self Service Kiosk 1 at Visitor Services Centre, 4th Storey ICA Building, with the following documents:
Change of Local Address
- A letter from the student about the cancellation of the Student's Pass;
- Student’s valid travel document;
- The Student's Pass Card;
- Student’s Visit Pass and Disembarkation/Embarkation Card; and
- A duly completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card (IMM Form 27A), where applicable (will be provided at ICA counters).
According to Immigration Regulations 8(5)(b), the foreign student is required to report any change in his/ her address in Singapore within 14 days of such change.
Other Important Information
- Schools can now login to SOLAR+ via ‘e-Update of Address’ to report any changes in the student’s address. An acknowledgement will be sent within minutes if the report is successfully registered by the system.
- Alternatively, the student may also deposit the ‘Change of Address’ form into the drop-box located at the Student's Pass Unit near Counter 19. It will take 2 weeks to process the application and the student will be informed of the outcome by post.
- For the application of a Student’s Pass, an applicant must be accepted into an approved full-time course. An applicant who wishes to take up a part-time course or a course conducted in the evening or weekend will NOT be eligible for Student’s Pass.
- The applicant and school will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- Official/Notarised translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- All forms are to be duly completed and signed by the applicant and the school. No part of the form should be left blank or incomplete. If any section or part of the form is not applicable, it should be filled as ‘Nil’ or ‘Not applicable (N.A.). Applications with incomplete forms or documents will NOT be accepted for processing.
- Applicant has to call in person with a valid immigration pass to collect the Student’s Pass only after the application has been approved. The Student’s Pass will only be issued if the conditions as stipulated in the In-Principle Approval letter are fulfilled.
- ICA may share your personal information with other government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- ICA reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the documents submitted in the application with the relevant issuing authorities or through the affiliated government agencies.