Foreigners seeking medical treatment in Singapore may apply for an extension of stay (not more than 89 days from the date of entry) online via e-XTEND.
Eligibility for Online Applications
You are required to fulfill all of the following conditions for submission of application online via e-XTEND
- You have not previously sought/obtained an extension of stay on this trip
- You wish to extend your stay for not more than 89 days from the date of entry into Singapore
- Your Visit Pass has a remaining validity of not less than 3 days, excluding weekends and Public Holiday(s)
- You will not return to Singapore within 5 days from the departure date of your current trip
- You will require a local sponsor* if you are seeking an extension of short term Visit Pass to 89 days from the date of entry and if you are a National of the countries tabled below:-
||• Saudi Arabia
|• Holders of Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by the United Arab Emirates and Refugee Travel Document issued by Middle-East countries.
*The local sponsor must be either a Singapore Citizen (SC) or a Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) who is at least 21 years old with a SingPass account. For those without a SingPass account, please apply for one via www.singpass.gov.sg.
Note that a physical endorsement is not required for approved application submitted via e-XTEND
If you are unable to fulfill all the above requirements, you may submit an application for extension of stay at the Visitor Services Centre (VSC), 4th Storey, ICA Building, for our consideration.
Requirements for Submission of Applications at the VSC Counter
The following documents are required for submission of applications for extension at the Visit Pass Unit:
- Duly completed Form 14* signed by the applicant and a local sponsor (the local sponsor must be either a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) above 21 years old)
- Duly completed Form V39I* signed by the local sponsor (Malaysians are not required to complete this form)
- Form Form V75* duly certified by a registered doctor in Singapore and signed by the applicant.
- Alternatively, a letter from a registered doctor in Singapore stating the brief details of the illness and the period of stay required for the treatment
- Applicant's travel document (e.g. passport) with at least 6 months validity. A copy of the travel document personal particulars page must be submitted to ICA
- Applicant’s Disembarkation /Embarkation (D/E) card with a valid Visit Pass granted on entry into Singapore
- The local sponsor’s Identity Card (a copy of the NRIC must be submitted to ICA)
*You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print the form. These forms are also available at the Visitor Services Centre:
Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
Important Information to Note
- If the applicant is certified medically unfit to commute, the applications may be submitted by the local sponsor or an authorized proxy.
- A local sponsor (Singapore Citizen (SC) / Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) / Representative of a Singapore-registered company above 21 years old) is required for all applications for extension of Visit Pass submitted over the counters.
- The applicant and/ or the local sponsor may be requested to turn up for an interview.
- All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- Applicant and local sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by the legislation.
|S$40 Extension Fee
||An extension fee of S$40 is applicable when the current valid pass is accumulating to a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/ issuance of pass.
(This fee is chargeable for every subsequent extension of stay accumulating to 3 months or more.)
|A visa fee of S$30 is applicable if the applicant has resided in Singapore beyond the visa-free period.
Please make online payment by eNets or VISA or Mastercard Credit/Debit card.
Some applicants may be requested to furnish a Security Deposit in support of the application for extension. Where applicable, the local sponsor should furnish the required amount in the form of a Banker's Guarantee, Cashier's Order or NETS.
Peak Periods to Avoid
- Saturdays, eve of Public Holidays and the day after Public Holidays
- Between 11.00 am and 2.00 pm on Mondays and Fridays