Who can Apply?
Foreign visitor whose biological/legally-adopted Child is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) above 21 years old.
Getting ready to apply
- Applicant's current Visit Pass must still be valid for at least 10 days before an application can be submitted.
- The following documents may be required to complete the application and you can prepare them in advance:
- Applicant's passport's biodata page
- Applicant's Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) card
- Sponsoring child's Birth Certificate
- Sponsoring child's Adoption papers, if any
- Sponsoring child's Marriage certificate
- Sponsoring child's highest Educational Certificate
- Sponsoring child's and spouse's Letter of Employment stating date of commencement, designation and monthly salary. For self-employed, a valid Registration Certificate from ACRA and Company's Profit & Loss Statement for the last 12 months
- Sponsoring child's and spouse's Income Tax Notice of Assessment for the last 3 years; CPF statement showing monthly CPF contribution for the last 12 months. Alternatively, sponsoring child may complete Appendix (VP) to give consent for ICA to obtain and verify financial information with the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) directly instead
- One recent digital passport-sized colour photograph
Submitting the Application Online
- All applications must be submitted by the sponsoring child via our e-Service, e-VP. The sponsoring child will need to log in with his/her SingPass to submit the application via the e-service.
- A processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission of the application. The fee is non-refundable.
After Submission of Application (What to Expect)
- The processing time is up to 6 weeks, We seek your understanding that if your application is still within this processing time, please wait for the application outcome which will be conveyed to you through respective eService channel or email and refrain from making status enquiries with ICA
- Applicant and sponsoring child can check the outcome of the application via:
- Email if they had provided their email during online application, or
- e-VP's Status Enquiry or iEnquiry if no email was provided.
- Original or photocopy of documents may be requested for processing of the application. The sponsoring child will be informed of the required documents.
- Applicant and sponsoring child may be called up for an interview. If an interview is necessary, the sponsoring child will be informed.
Upon Approval of Application
- The sponsoring child will need to make payment via e-VP for the issuance of Multiple Journey Visa ($30), if visa is required, and Long-Term Visit Pass ($60). The payment must be made within 30 days from the date of IPA letter. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application. If the Applicant/sponsoring child has requested for an extension of short-term stay and the request is approved, an additional fee of $40 will be required^.
^The fee of $40 is applicable if the Visit Pass has been continuously renewed for a period of 3 months or more from the date of Applicant's entry.
- A medical check-up may be required. The Applicant will be informed of the need to go for medical check-up in the IPA letter.
- Documents that were used to support the application must be presented in original to the ICA officer for verification at the time of completion of formalities for the issuance of a Long-Term Visit Pass. The list of required original/photocopy of documents will be indicated in the IPA letter.
- A security deposit may be required from the sponsoring child. If a security deposit is required, the sponsoring child will be advised vide the IPA letter on the security deposit amount and mode of payment.
- The Applicant and sponsoring child must be physically present to collect the LTVP card, The collection of the LTVP card is strictly by appointment only. Please click here to select the preferred date and time.
- The Applicant has to acknowledge and submit a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for LTVP Card before the collection of the LTVP card. Please click here for copy of the form.
Important Points to Note
- Applicant must have a valid Visit Pass at all time during his/her stay in Singapore.
- Applicant must have a passport issued only to the Applicant.
- For documents that are not in the English language, ICA accepts translation done by the Embassy of the document-issuing country or notarised by a local Notary Public is also acceptable. ICA does not endorse any private translation companies or entities.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you better, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.