The APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) scheme is designed to facilitate the travel of business persons between the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies. The ABTC is a multiple- journey -visa where cardholders enjoy expedited immigration clearance through designated ABTC lanes in ABTC-participating economies.
The ABTC participating economies are Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea , Peru, the Philippines, the Russian Federation*, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
* ABTC holders can stay up to a maximun of 90 days in Russia for every period of 180 days.
USA and Canada are transitional economies on the ABTC scheme, and are not listed on the card. ABTC holders travelling to the USA or Canada are subjected to the usual immigration clearance applicable to all travelers, but ABTC holders may use 'fast-track' immigration lanes (currently designated for air-crew) at all major international airports in the USA and Canada**.
** The designated airports in Canada are:
- Vancouver International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (Terminal 1 & 2)
- Ottawa Macdonald - Cartier International Airport
- Montreal - Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Halifax Robert L Stansfield International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
ABTC applications submitted on or before 31 August 2015 will be granted an ABTC valid for three years, or up to the validity of the passport, whichever is shorter.
ABTC applications submitted on or after 1 September 2015 will be granted an ABTC valid for five years, or up to the validity of the passport, whichever is shorter.
Applicants must be Singapore Citizens, who are:
- Bona fide business persons (i.e. those who represent an economically-active business entity)
- Members of professional bodies (e.g. doctors, lawyers, artists)
- Public officers from Ministries, Government departments, economic agencies and statutory boards who need to travel in their official capacity
Applicants must have a valid Singapore passport, and must not be previously convicted of a criminal offence.
How to Apply
Apply online via eABTC
A non-refundable fee of $100 is payable on application by VISA or MasterCard credit/debit cards.
The following will be required during online application:
- Valid Singapore Passport
- VISA or MasterCard credit/debit card (for online payment)
- Digital photo image file of applicant with the following specifications:
- In colour taken against a plain white background;
- Taken within the last 3 months;
- Showing the full face and without headgear of the applicant (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features);
-Between 25mm and 35mm from chin to crown;
- in JPEG format ('jpg' extension);
- Preferred dimension of 400 x 514 pixels;
- File size should be no more than 60kbytes.
- Scanned signature image file
- Scanned copy of a letter of authorisation or support from the organisation, where applicable, (Click here to download a sample of the supporting document)
Processing time is at least 3 months. Some cases may take longer, up to a year, due to the pre-clearance required from all the ABTC participating economies.
The ABTC will be mailed to the applicant by registered post when it is ready.