Back to top

As a Singapore citizen, you can sponsor a foreigner to stay in Singapore as a permanent resident if they are:

  • Your spouse
  • Your unmarried child, aged under 21
  • Your aged parent.

Click here for information that your spouse, child and/or parent will need to know on becoming a Singapore permanent resident.

NOTE: ICA takes into account factors such as the individual's family ties to Singaporeans, economic contributions, qualifications, age, family profile and length of residency, to assess the applicant's ability to contribute to Singapore and integrate into our society, as well as his or her commitment to sinking roots.