A visitor whose child (above 21 years old) is a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) may apply for a Visit Pass (for long term stay) online via e-VP.
Note: Application must be sponsored by the biological/ legally adopted child above the age of 21 years old.
*You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print the form. These forms are also available at the Visitors Services Centre:
Visitor Services Centre
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority
4th Storey, ICA Building
10 Kallang Road
(Next to Lavender MRT station)
Monday to Friday : 8.00 am to 4.30 pm
Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
All applications must be submitted via our e-Service, e-VP.
Important Information to Note
- Applicant is required to have a valid Visit Pass during the stay in Singapore.
- A Local Sponsor (Singapore Citizen (SC) / Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) / Representative of a Singapore-registered company above 21 years old) is required to be present for the submission of all necessary documents for the application of long term Visit Pass. Incomplete submission of documents will result in non-acceptance of the application at the counter.
- Applicant must be in possession of a passport issued solely to the applicant
- The Applicant and the Local Sponsor may be requested to turn up for an interview
- All original documents, submitted in support of the applications, must be presented for verification. Official translation of the documents is required if they are not in the English language.
- Applicant and Local Sponsor will have to furnish additional documents and information whenever necessary.
- ICA may share your personal information with other Government agencies to process any applications you have made or to render you a service, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation.
- If the application is subsequently approved, Local Sponsor/ Applicant will receive an In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter that is valid for 2 months from the date of the outcome.
- A medical check-up is required by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for all applications of a Visit Pass of 6 months or more. The applicant will only be informed of the need to go for a medical check-up if approval is granted. This requirement is not applicable to an applicant below 15 years old. Please note that the medical report will be only valid for 3 months from the date of screening if it has not been submitted to ICA.
If visa is required, an additional fee of S$30 (Multiple Journey Visa) will be charged.
|S$30 Processing Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass, a processing fee of S$30 per application will be collected at the time of submission. The fee collected is non-refundable regardless of the outcome of the application or if you choose to withdraw the application after submission.
|S$40 Extension Fee
||For the application of Long-Term Visit Pass to be successfully submitted, please note that applicant must have a minimum valid stay of 10 days. An extension fee of S$40 is applicable for a Visit Pass that has been continuously renewed for a period of 3 months or more from the date of entry/issuance of Visit Pass when the valid Visit Pass issued to him has accumulated to a period of 3 months or more since the date of entry/issuance of first pass.
|For the Long-Term Visit Pass to be issued, an issuance fee of S$60 will be applicable. The payment is to be made within 30 days from the date of In-Principal of Approval. Failure to do so will result in an auto-withdrawal of the application.
The payment can be made by NETS or CashCard.
For new and renewal applications submitted via e-VP, the processing time is up to 6 weeks.
Applicants may enquire about the outcome of their application via e-VP's Status Enquiry.
When applicable, a Security Deposit (SD) may be required from the Local Sponsor. Upon approval of the application, ICA will advise whether the security deposit should be in the form of a Banker's Guarantee, Cashier's Order or NETS.
Peak Periods to Avoid
- Saturdays, eve and the day after Public Holidays
- 11.00 am to 2.00 pm on Mondays and Fridays
Completion of Formalities (Issuance of Long-Term Visit Pass)
Applicant is required to be present for the Completion of Formalities.
With effect from 1 April 2009, all Completion of Formalities is strictly by appointment only. Please use our e-Appointment facility to select the preferred date and time to complete formalities. On the date of the appointment, proceed to the Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk 3 located at Visitor Services Centre 4th Storey, ICA Building to obtain a queue ticket. The applicant is advised to be punctual for the appointment.
Prior to collection of Long-Term Visit Pass, applicant has to acknowledge a copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long-Term Pass (LTP) Card. Please click here for copy of the form.