The APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) scheme is designed to facilitate the travel of business persons between the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies. The ABTC is a multiple journey visa where cardholders enjoy visa-free entry and expedited immigration clearance through designated ABTC lanes in ABTC-participating economies.
Each card is valid for three years, or up to the validity of the passport, whichever is shorter.
The participating economies are Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea , Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
Besides being able to use designated APEC lanes at the 18 participating economies, cardholders are also entitled to use 'fast-track' immigration lanes (currently designated for air-crew) at major international airports in the United States, Canada* and the Russian Federation. USA, Canada and the Russian Federation have been accepted as transitional economies on the ABTC scheme. However, they have yet to start issuing ABTC to their own citizens.
As the USA, Canada and the Russian Federation are not participating in the ABTC scheme, ABTC holders travelling to the USA, Canada or the Russian Federation will still be subjected to the existing immigration clearance process applicable to all travellers. The USA, Canada and the Russian Federation will also not be listed on the card.
*Note: The list of designated airports in Canada are appended below:
- Vancouver International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (Terminal 1 & 2)
- Ottawa Macdonald - Cartier International Airport
- Montreal - Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Halifax Robert L Stansfield International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Bona fide business persons (i.e. those who represent an economically-active business entity)
- Members of professional bodies (e.g. doctors, lawyers, artists)
- Public officers from Ministries, Government departments, economic agencies and statutory boards who need to travel in their official capacity.
All applicants must be Singapore Citizens and have a vaild Singapore passport (Note: Each card is valid for three years, or up to the validity of the passport, whichever is shorter).
- VISA or Mastercard credit/debit card (for online payment)
- Digital photo image file of applicant with the following specifications:
- JPEG format ('jpg' extension)
- Preferred dimension of 400 x 514 pixels
- File size should be no more than 60kbytes.
- Scanned signature image file
- Supporting document (to prove eligibility), where applicable
- SingPass ID
- Valid Singapore Passport
Apply online via eABTC
The card will be mailed to the applicant by registered post when it is ready.
: No counter applications will be accepted.
Please make payment (online via eABTC
) by VISA or Mastercard credit/debit cards.
At least 3 months
Some cases may take longer, up to a year, due to the pre-clearance from the APEC economies.