The APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) scheme is designed to facilitate the travel of business persons between the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) economies. The ABTC is a multiple- journey -visa where cardholders enjoy visa-free entry and expedited immigration clearance through designated ABTC lanes in ABTC-participating economies.
Each card is valid for three years, or up to the validity of the passport, whichever is shorter.
The ABTC participating economies are Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Chile, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea , Peru, the Philippines, the Russian Federation, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Please note that under the Russian Legislation, ABTC holders can stay up to a maximun of 90 days for every period of 180 days.
Besides being able to use designated APEC lanes at the 19 participating economies, cardholders are also entitled to use 'fast-track' immigration lanes (currently designated for air-crew) at major international airports in the USA and, Canada*. USA and Canada have been accepted as transitional economies on the ABTC scheme.
As the USA and Canada are not participating in the ABTC scheme, ABTC holders travelling to the USA or Canada will still be subjected to the existing immigration clearance process applicable to all travellers. The USA and Canada will also not be listed on the card.
*Note: The list of designated airports in Canada are appended below:
- Vancouver International Airport
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (Terminal 1 & 2)
- Ottawa Macdonald - Cartier International Airport
- Montreal - Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Halifax Robert L Stansfield International Airport
- Calgary International Airport
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson International Airport
- Edmonton International Airport
- Bona fide business persons (i.e. those who represent an economically-active business entity)
- Members of professional bodies (e.g. doctors, lawyers, artists)
- Public officers from Ministries, Government departments, economic agencies and statutory boards who need to travel in their official capacity
All applicants must be Singapore Citizens and have a valid Singapore passport (Note: Each card is valid for three years, or up to the validity of the passport, whichever is shorter). In addition, they must not have been previously convicted of a criminal offence.
- VISA or MasterCard credit/debit card (for online payment)
- Digital photo image file of applicant with the following specifications:
- In colour taken against a plain white background;
- Taken within the last 3 months;
- Showing the full face and without headgear of the applicant (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features);
-Between 25mm and 35mm from chin to crown;
- in JPEG format ('jpg' extension);
- Preferred dimension of 400 x 514 pixels;
- File size should be no more than 60kbytes.
- Scanned signature image file
- Scanned copy of a letter of authorisation or support from the organisation, where applicable, (Click here to download a sample of the supporting document)
- Valid Singapore Passport
Apply online via eABTC
The card will be mailed to the applicant by registered post when it is ready.
: No counter applications will be accepted.
Please make payment (online via eABTC
) by VISA or MasterCard credit/debit cards.
At least 3 months.
Some cases may take longer, up to a year, due to the pre-clearance required from all the ABTC participating economies.