This page serves as a guide to Singaporeans on procedures relating to application/ renewal of their Singapore passport.
Only a Singapore Citizen may apply for a Singapore Passport.
Please note that passport renewal follows the same procedure as a new application.
||For Singaporeans Residing in Singapore
Ways to apply for/renew your Singapore passport:
- by Post/Deposit Box
(Mail completed application form to ICA by post or drop completed application form in the Deposit Boxes situated on Levels 1, 2 or 3 of ICA Building)
- at the Counter
(Proceed to ICA Building Level 3, Citizen Services Centre to apply directly at the Counter)
- Via Online
(Through Application for Passport On-Line Electronic System (APPLES) e-Service )
Note: You will be notified by post to collect your passport once it is ready. An acknowledgement card (pink card) will be mailed to you within one (1) week from the date ICA receives your application. Applicants must come in person to collect the passport with the (pink) acknowledgement card and the required documents as stated in the card. Passports not collected within 3 months of application will be cancelled and the passport fee will not be refunded.
For Singaporeans Residing Overseas
Overseas applicants may submit their applications:
Note: The processing time for overseas applications is about 3 - 4 weeks, provided all relevant documents are duly submitted. As ICA will be dispatching the passports back to the Singapore Overseas Mission, Singaporeans residing overseas may collect the passport directly from the mission. They will need to produce the required documents at the time of passport collection if they had submitted their application online.
||Processing Fees for First Time Application / Subsequent Renewals
The passport fee is:
- S$80 for applications made at the Counter
- S$70 (after a S$10 rebate) for applications submitted online or by Post/Deposit Box
Penalty Fees for Loss of / Damaged Singapore Passport
If your current passport is lost or damaged, you are required to pay, in addition to the passport fee, the following non-refundable fee:
- S$50 for the first replacement
- S$100 for subsequent replacements
Payment may be made via the following modes:
- Visa / MasterCard Credit Cards or Visa /MasterCard Debit Cards by completing the relevant portion in your application form.
- Applicants who apply by deposit box can also pay by NETS/CashCard using the self-service kiosks at the eLobby, located at the ground level of the ICA Building during office hours.
- For new applications, passports issued will be valid for 5 years
- For renewal applications, passports issued will be valid for (5 years + remaining validity capped at 9 months*)
- Passports issued before 1 April 2005 carry a validity of up to 10 years.
- Passports issued before 15 Aug 2006 to male citizens aged between 11 and 16½ years are valid for 2 years or until the holder reaches 17½ years old, whichever is earlier.
* If the remaining validity of your passport exceeds 9 months, the validity upon renewal will be pegged at 5 years 9 months.
Your passport expires on 12 June 2008. You renew your passport on 12 April 2008 (2 months from expiry). The new passport validity will be 5 years 2 months, with the date of expiry on 12 June 2013.
Your passport expires on 12 June 2008. You renew your passport on 12 July 2007 (11 months from expiry). The new passport validity upon renewal will be 5 years 9 months (as the remaining validity exceeds 9 months), hence the new date of expiry will be 12 April 2013.
Your passport has already expired. The new validity will be 5 years upon extension. Your passport expires on 12 June 2008. You renew your passport on 15 January 2009. The new date of expiry will be 15 January 2014.
Peak Periods to Avoid
- Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, school holidays, eve and the day after public holidays
- 8.00 am to 8.30 am, 11.30 am to 2.00 pm on weekdays